• March 28, 2024, 08:52:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS-825L - Push Notifcations  (Read 21495 times)

pri77y

• Level 1 Member
DCS-825L - Push Notifcations
« on: January 20, 2014, 05:01:37 AM »

Hi,

I have also some issues with the push notifications on an iphone/ipad....

the notifications are working when I'm in the app (myDlink baby monitor)....but as soon as I quit it (I let it on background) the notifications doesn't work anymore...

I've been looking on the web and there is no answer to this kind of issues...
Not firmware updates, no app updates.... just nothing....

I also opened a ticket by calling the support of D-Link and since a week I didn't get any feedback about it.... it's enoying as I should be returning the product next week if I don't get any solution for it....
I would said....it's the last time I buy any D-Link product.... their support is really bad...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:08:15 AM by pri77y »

pri77y

• Level 1 Member
DCS-825L - Push Notifcations
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 10:17:06 AM »

UP....
still no answer from Dlink support regarding the push notifications issue....

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-825L - Push Notifcations
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 10:38:08 AM »

Are there other DCS-825L owners with Push Notification issues? if so, please elaborate.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

bnuff

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 08:19:51 AM »

Are there other DCS-825L owners with Push Notification issues? if so, please elaborate.

Hi JavaLawyer,

If you look into the thread titled "Installation is far from easy!" you will see that a number of us have this issue, whether on Android or IPad.   Some of the comments were definitely after the last update / had upgraded.

Quoted from thread

troetelturk
The issues I still face
- I can't figure out how to get push messages from the iOS and Android app when the app is running in the background. You don't get any alerts!!! Only if you have the app running in the "dashboard" view you'll get alerts (this also only worked for me in the Android app). This is really bad, because the product advertisements all mention push notifications (even a picture of an icon with a notification in iOS). This is not true!!

luyggy
I agree with everything you state, I am in the same situation as you. Message saying much notice in the background and it's all a lie, at least after the last upgrade of the application for android sound is not cut, because before the application were dating and you had no notifications or sound in the background.

BNuff
If the app is in the background I don't seem to get the alerts until I bring the app to the foreground.  A bit scary this one.

bnuff

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 12:04:03 PM »

Camera Firmware upgrade 1.02_3427 does not appear to resolve this issue in any way.

francorg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 05:31:13 AM »

Please activate real push notification on iOS also when app is closed!
This is the most important reason why I chose this device.

Thank you,
Roberto

Kevin7

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 04:26:33 AM »

Thank you,
Roberto

Same here!!!!

Is the sound level of the audio ajustable? Volume of my iPhone is on max but still it is soft..

francorg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 05:56:11 AM »

Same here!!!!

Is the sound level of the audio ajustable? Volume of my iPhone is on max but still it is soft..

I think there's a weird bug on iPhone app.
Try this way:
When you are inside the webcam view (the live stream), first activate the mic (first icon on the left) then raise up the volume using iPhone volume button. Now it should sound louder.

Roberto

kimos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 01:25:45 AM »

Please add the push notification when the app is in the background for the iPhone.
I bought this camera just for this option!!  please let us know if this ever gonna happend. if not i want to return the camera.

pri77y

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 01:31:31 AM »

Thank you,
Roberto

As I said on my first post here....and as you also said....this is mandatory for a camera like this one.
It's not interesting to have a camera just to hear the sound and we maybe don't want to hear it permanently...so the idea of having notifications on the iDevice is the most important but it doesn't work properly for now...
I hope that Dlink will get a new update on the Apple applications to have it working properly quickly...

madduce

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 04:10:06 PM »

As I said on my first post here....and as you also said....this is mandatory for a camera like this one.
It's not interesting to have a camera just to hear the sound and we maybe don't want to hear it permanently...so the idea of having notifications on the iDevice is the most important but it doesn't work properly for now...
I hope that Dlink will get a new update on the Apple applications to have it working properly quickly...

+1 also I tried push notification by email that does not work either.  Hmm now come thinking might just return it and get a DCS 5222L $10 less plus pan and tile and better network feature.

troetelturk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 10:56:03 AM »

Nobody from D-link cares to respond on this issue?
Quite bad to put a product like this on the market.
Let's just say for me your brand value went down a notch (in contrary to my experiences with your routers).

tamo

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 07:56:24 PM »

I'm having notification issues on both the iPhone and iPad applications.

1. When on the live stream/camera view, the notifications are triggered and the icons can be seen but there is no sound alert. I've tried switching sounds on/off and playing with the volume but nothing fixes it.

2. When on the list of camera view, the notifications work correctly but when the application is running in the background, there are no notification alerts.

francorg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 12:08:57 AM »

Push notifications are finally here!!
Update the iOS app!

Roberto

pri77y

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 07:26:24 AM »

Yes but it still doesn't work....

I was happy to see in the update description that Dlink released this feature, I have done the update of the app on my iPhone and noticed that it does not work anyway.... no notifications when the app is in background.

I checked in the notification center of IOS and all seems to be correct but still no notifications...

Honestly this is a really disapointing product...

I would say that I'll never buy another Dlink product anymore.
Pages: [1] 2