• March 28, 2024, 04:09:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 3G mistery  (Read 4184 times)

dragonspeed

• Level 1 Member
3G mistery
« on: June 06, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »

Hello,

I have installed several firmware versions that "supports˝ 3G as WAN.
Non of them worked with my zte.

I searched the whole internet looking for a supported list of 3G Modems.
It doesn't exists.

I am using a zte MF110, no one knows so much, but it doesn't work, but I don't know
what to buy in replacement since there is no info about that ensures a correct modem purchase for a "smooth use"

Is there any chance to get a serious response from 3G stuff from dlink?
Is Dir-655 a the router should I use for 3g?

Regards to everybody.

kthaddock

• Level 3 Member
Re: 3G mistery
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 11:41:14 PM »

Hello,

I have installed several firmware versions that "supports˝ 3G as WAN.
Non of them worked with my zte.

I searched the whole internet looking for a supported list of 3G Modems.
It doesn't exists.

I am using a zte MF110, no one knows so much, but it doesn't work, but I don't know
what to buy in replacement since there is no info about that ensures a correct modem purchase for a "smooth use"

Is there any chance to get a serious response from 3G stuff from dlink?
Is Dir-655 a the router should I use for 3g?

Regards to everybody.

What I have found this modem are working: DWM-152 and DWM-156

ASUS RT-N16  FW: DD-WRT v24 17140-vpn M NEWD-2 K2.6 -kong.
DIR-655 H/W: A3 FW: 1.31EUB02 This FW is working !
Never argue with a burk. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
Di-624+ FW: 2.10

a2b

• Level 1 Member
Re: 3G mistery
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 02:44:14 AM »

Hi,

I have a huwaei e220 - it works with this. I picked one up for £8 and (unlocked it myself for free).

It has better performance with 1.21 fw - but with this fw, it has issues for me and you have to fiddle with the settings to get it running after a router power cycle - (I have to do this quite often as my normal wireless connections stops working after some days!!)  

It works "smooth" with 1.31 fw - I think they fixed a few 3g wan issues (no need to tweak settings) and wireless issues are much less in this fw. But for me, my 3g connection although more "stable" was performance capped at around 50 -70 % . Depending on how fast your 3g connection is anyway, this might be ok for you. This is my own experience but others may be different.

The dlink ones (dwm 15*) - cost more than I paid for this router itself - so defn. not something for me and I can't comment on their performance.

I think the "best" solution is to buy a router with proper / dedicated 3g connectivity support (including your modem) and then connect this to dir-655 for your wireless n needs. This could be cheaper (there are many products that cost less than the dwm 15* modems) and you get "full" 3g performance, however with extra hassle of another box.

Cheerz

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:53:47 AM by a2b »