• April 24, 2024, 11:44:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with NAS access permissions  (Read 3483 times)

Database

• Level 1 Member
Problem with NAS access permissions
« on: June 02, 2017, 10:37:50 AM »

I just installed my NAS and everything is working fine, the only problem I have is that when I navigate to the NAS drives in Windows (using File Explorer), I have full access to both drives. To my knowledge, this can mean two things
Either
1. I already logged in while setting up and windows remembered my login details (despite me trying my best to get windows to forget them by disconnecting and connecting)
Or
2. I did something wrong and everybody in the network has full access to the NAS

Another thing to note is that when I eventually get to what I think is the login page where I enter my credentials, using the admin account does not work

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: Problem with NAS access permissions
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »

Did you read the manual section about creating user accounts?

The login admin account and password has nothing to do with user accounts other than allowing access to the NAS setup to create them.

From your description it appears that you have not created a user account with password.  You need to do that and also give that user permissions for access and use, just follow the detailed instructions in the manual.

Fabiano Pinheiro

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:12:43 AM »

Of a time to here, I can not need after some firmware update, I'm also having the same problem.
Users have passwords for accessing the NAS directories, but only when I access them through windows explorer do I have direct access to the NAS files without asking for a password.
Through any other type of device, android or linux, it asks for password normally.

I already cleaned the windows network mapping cache and there was no change.

My NAS is in firmware version v1.09 b06
Using Win7 - Direct access
Using Linux Mint - Request password
Using Android - Request password
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:17:15 AM by Fabiano Pinheiro »

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 11:07:02 AM »

Did you check that the password is not stored in the windows explorer ini file?  We don't use windows so I can't check that for you but I do remember that explorer in XP did something like that.

Fabiano Pinheiro

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 11:10:01 AM »

I solved this problem by changing the user's password in the NAS registry.
In turn windows did not recognize it in its cache anymore and asked for password again.