• March 19, 2024, 04:28:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DES-3526 Tagging port  (Read 11432 times)

qwaserdf

• Level 1 Member
DES-3526 Tagging port
« on: May 21, 2019, 02:04:32 AM »

Good morning everyone.

I really need help with this topic since I am not able to get the switch tagging the ICMP packets I send trhough it.

The network of my test-bench is simply two PC (10.90.90.2 & 10.90.90.3m both subnet 255.255.255.0) connected to a switch (10.90.90.90 subnet 255.0.0.0).

What I need to do is send an untagged packet (I am trying with pings) from the first to the second PC, and getting the switch tagging that packet. I would also need to receive that ping echo tagged and getting the vlan header removed, but at this moment I am happy reading in the wireshark of the second PC the ICMP packets with the VLAN header added.

These are the windows I have modified (These exact pictures are from the manual not really mine), I have tried all possible combinations.

I get the pings passing through the switch and being received by the second PC, but never tagged. Despite in the status VLAN window ports appear as Tagging.
According to the manual setting the port as tag in the 802.1QPortSettingsWindow should be enoughm but afterwards the port never tags the packets.

Please let me know how I should configurate it.

Thank you. best regards.

PD: I didn't create another VLAN. I just use the default one.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 02:18:07 AM by qwaserdf »