• March 28, 2024, 01:22:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-930L Online with MyDlink only for a few minutes after cam startup.  (Read 3906 times)

dwolfe002

• Level 1 Member

Hello, all

I was wondering if anyone has seen this sort of behavior with a cam and MyDlink...

I recently moved one of my DCS-930L cams to my father's nursing home to watch over him and connected it to their public wi-fi. I can connect to the cam with a local browser without trouble. However, it will only show on MyDlink for a few minutes after the cam is powered up or local settings are changed via the web interface and the cam restarted. It goes offline to MyDlink after that. Locally, the cam works great though. I know the network connectivity is there otherwise the cam wouldn't show up to MyDlink at all.

When I had the cam at home, it worked great on MyDlink and locally. What would cause the cam to show in MyDlink for a few minutes after start up or settings change and then disconnect?

Cam is still on firmware 1.04.  I can't find a changelog for the 1.06 firmware to see if this problem is addressed by the update.

Thanks for any info anyone might have.