• March 28, 2024, 04:11:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion detected snapshots writing in reversed order  (Read 3004 times)

SeaMoore

• Level 1 Member
Motion detected snapshots writing in reversed order
« on: June 07, 2017, 02:20:51 PM »

I have my DCS-2330L recording motion snapshots. It's been working great until I updated the firmware to 1.12. Now when it records it writes the seven snapshot images in reverse order. I held a stop watch to the camera and it records 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 21, 20, etc. So when I am walking across the deck I am walking backwards 4 steps then I skip ahead and walk backwards another 4 steps, etc. I can't believe I am the only one with this problem. I called support and they said go back to FW version 1.02.05 to fix the problem and it did. But that FW revision is like 6 years old and isn't compatible with the MyDlink website.  Anybody out there having the same issue?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Motion detected snapshots writing in reversed order
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »

I will forward this to the camera people. First time I've heard of it.

Go to http://tsd.dlink.com.tw and download version 1.14 and see if that fixes it.

SeaMoore

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:08:32 AM »

I tried 1.14 already with the same result. I'm not sure where it came from though. The highest level of FW on the support page was 1.12. After upgrading to 1.12 through the cameras GUI and I launch MyDlink it said my camera's firmware is out of date. Then I let MyDlink upgrade to 1.14. Then the message went away and sound and video work fine on the MyDlink site but the recording is still reversed. Since I don't use the MyLink site much I went backwards through all the firmware releases until it worked again which was 1.02.03. I use snapshot recording and FTP on all my cameras to send the images to a NAS device.  It works great since I am transferring over the WAN and that saves bandwidth. I stitch the images together into a time-lapse on all my cameras and can view a whole day in a few minutes. the only problem I am having is with the DCS-2330L cameras and the new firmware. The time-lapse is unviewable when everybody is walking backwards and skipping forward.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 07:16:06 AM »

The 1.14 firmware will be posted today on the US support site.

Hopefully the camera people will test asap and let me know if they can replicate the issue. I will post as soon as I hear something.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:01:54 AM »

This has been replicated and sent to the engineers. A few camera models are experiencing the out of sequence issue with newer firmware versions. Hopefully this can and will be fixed.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 12:33:03 PM »

The techs tested this again and it works fine. They said some EMAIL (gmail and yahoo) does write the files out of sequence but FTP is working OK. My mistake for saying they replicated the FTP problem. It only applied to Email.  :-[

How are you viewing the images? Are you sorting the files? If you sort by filename or time they will be in order.