The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > COVR-3902-US

Wireless Security Settings Not Secure?

(1/7) > >>

jdw20:
Hi
I just updated my Ipad to ios 14, and in my wifi section it indicates that my router has "weak security" that WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) is not considered secure - that I should configure router to WPA2(AES) or WPA3
However in my router settings there is no options to change the security , only available selection under wireless advanced settings is WPA/WPA2-Personal
is there a update for this setting or is my router becoming obsolete and have security concerns?
Appreciate your replies and information
Thanks

GreenBay42:
iOS 14 has added more security measures. Your connection is still secure (for WiFi standards - nothing is 100% secure), they are just "suggesting" WPA2 AES or WPA3. The router does support WPA2 AES but I am assuming it will try TKIP first. D-Link has sent this to the engineers to look at. Hopefully they can either put an option (like most of D-Link routers) to select TKIP or AES, or have it set to AES by default.

jdw20:
Thanks for the replies and insight, hopefully DLink will update the router security, i have been very pleased with this router to date, also will watch for the ios update

FurryNutz:
The COVR uses WPA2 and AES. MIne does since day one.
The issue is that Apple has introduced new features and such in there IOS. Apple are the one who need to make sure there products and devices are connecting to provided security modes that wifi routers support and broadcast. It's up to the device to pick and choose which security modes to select. D-Link just provides the platform and modes.

Please contact Apple and let them know what your having problems with since you loaded iOS 14. There are other router mfr users who are seeing similar issues with iOS 14 was made available.

jdw20:
Just following up, I have received my Apple iOS update 14.2, but my Apple devices still are indicating that my wifi security is weak? Ant updates from D-Link engineering as to a possible router update to have correct security protocols? Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version