• May 20, 2024, 08:15:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: HDMI non detected  (Read 4318 times)

darkbane

HDMI non detected
« on: October 01, 2008, 10:07:14 AM »

Hi
I have a 510 with the latest firmware (1.08, HW rev A3 PAL) and I'm using it with a LCD tv connected via HDMI.
Now if the 510 is turned on when the tv is powered of or not tuned on the HDMI port, no matter what I do no image is displayed. I have to turn off and then ON the 510 to show a picture.
If I turn on the TV, set it to HDMI and then turn on the 510, it works perfectly.
Any workaround for this issue, or will it be fixed in later FW releases?

Thanks

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: HDMI non detected
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 09:26:37 AM »

I am sorry there is no work around. When the DSM-510 is turned on the HDMI must be connected and on in order for the DSM-510 to make a hand shake and know to use HDMI as the video output. Otherwise by default it will use composite.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

darkbane

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 11:01:44 AM »

Isn't it your (I mean Dlink's) work to fix this odd behaviours?
I mean: If I configured the 510 to output via HDMI, why it defaults to composite?
Every other media player I had had not such issues.. can't it be fixed via a firmware upgrade?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 11:12:52 AM »

I can forward this to Product management as an added function if approved it may be added if possible. It is currently designed in this way so it can work on either composite or HDMI without any issue. If you were to use a composite television if the settings were set to HDMI you would not be able to access the device as there is no reset button button on the device therefore being stuck in HDMI. You should simply be able to turn on your television set it to HDMI then turn on you DSM-510.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream