• April 19, 2024, 09:45:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem moving files between folders  (Read 2925 times)

ShapeThrower

• Level 1 Member
Problem moving files between folders
« on: May 18, 2011, 07:42:57 AM »

Wondering if someone could help me here...

Picked up a DNS-320 and a pair of Hitachi 2TB 3.5" Deskstar SATA-III 6GB/s Coolspin Hard Drive - 32MB Cache

Got everything installed without any problems. Updated to the latest firmware with no problems.
Transfered a load of files from my netbook (running Windows 7 Home Premium) again no problems.

However in the last 24 hours I've been unable to move files between folders on the device itself (from the P2P complete folder to another location) or from my netbook to the device itself.
Each time it starts to and then gives me some ridiculous completion time (11hrs for a 349Mb file) and then eventually gives me an error message and asks me if I want to try again or cancel. Trying again just sets it off for a couple of minutes and then it pops up with the same message again.

I've also noticed when logging in using the webGUI it takes a very very long time to access management functions and on some occasions it just sits there trying to load the page and gets stuck ...

Anyone got any ideas ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

testov

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problem moving files between folders
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 12:09:37 PM »

Check your network, restart router. Sometimes if you or somebody else download or upload with torrent clients on maximum speed the result is this problem. Stop all torrents from PC and NAS and try to copy files.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:27:54 PM by testov »

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: Problem moving files between folders
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:22:46 PM »

It may be the way you are accessing it when trying to move it. Have you tried using the built in Web File server to move the files? Also if you are inside the same volume over SMB (for example Volume_1) and you go to the P2P folder and cut the file and paste it back inside the Volume_1 in a different area it will be almost instantaneous.