• April 18, 2024, 11:14:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with DCS External Access  (Read 2064 times)

Pfishwacker

• Level 1 Member
Problem with DCS External Access
« on: October 24, 2015, 06:00:31 PM »

I have multiple DCS-93x cameras at a remote site and use the DYNDNS service on my DIR-826L router to access.  It worked well, but as my remote power is (at best) erratic I decided to set DHCP IP reservations on the router (one for each camera) and assigned a port, then set the same reserved IP and port on the corresponding camera.  I can see the cameras when local at the network site, but can not see them from outside using either the DYNDNS service or the actual site IP address.  However, I can remotely access the router and even did a reboot, but still no luck. 

Another forum for a different DCS camera suggested the fix is to put the reserved IP address into the DDNS field for each camera, something that I can't do remotely because I can't get to the cameras!

So first, I'd like to know if anyone else has found this solution effective.  Since this would require a 520 mile round trip, I'd like to find a remote way to fix this if possible. 

And second, has anyone with this problem found a remote solution?  That would be much preferred.

Much Thanks for any help you can give!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Problem with DCS External Access
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 08:42:32 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool: DHCP Especially if your not in close proximity to the cameras for on site and hands on access. You need to ensure that the connection is maintained well. This would include any DDNS information.

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Most of these cameras use mydlink.com services for some remote access. Not sure if thats something you should look more into. Depending on your needs. However the main consideration is the signal from the main host WiFi to the cameras. This is crucial.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.