• April 18, 2024, 08:38:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Nero Recode Issues…  (Read 3127 times)

kev445

• Level 1 Member
Nero Recode Issues…
« on: October 14, 2009, 04:08:39 AM »

I am having problems playing back files created in Nero Recode on the DSM-510. Ideally I would like to include AC3 audio, as opposed to MP3 (I have a surround sound system with optical in).

The first problem I have come across is that .mp4 files are not recognised by the DSM-510 when the file is shared via Windows Media Player or Linkstation Live (greyed out). However it does recognise the files when shared via TVersity.

I am encoding the files via Nero Recode with the standard profile (the latest Nero version 9).

When I select MP3 as the audio compression method, the video will play without audio (although it does stall allot, wired or wireless). If however I select AC3, the video will attempt to play, but then I get a dull green screen, which won’t do anything, I’m assuming the device has crashed (have to reboot).

I have tried encoding the files using divx, however it takes ages and the aspect ratio is all wrong. Ideally I would love to use Nero Recode, as it is by far the simplest solution.

Any help would be warmly received.