• March 28, 2024, 12:31:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 202 using disk, but I can't see the recordings  (Read 9119 times)

PAFL

• Level 2 Member
Re: 202 using disk, but I can't see the recordings
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 04:54:50 PM »

You stated that you are using a Cruzer.  I assume that this is a usb flash  drive.  I tried using a flash drive at first and had issues.  Then I read somewhere that they do not recommend  using a  flash drives .  I used a HDD (SSD) and all worked well.   Does not make a lot  of sense but I would try a real HDD

PAFL

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 05:03:13 PM »

let me add the following from Dlink FAQ

Q  Can I use USB Flash drives (thumb drives) with the DNR-202L?

A:     It is not recommended to use thumb drives with the DNR-202L. The recorded videos may not be recorded completely and/or flash drives might crash when recording.

caraM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 01:15:54 PM »

When there's a problem with the HDD (a Toshiba, I believe, but it's not in front of me now) and I connect it to the 202, it doesn't prompt to format.  There is a page in the setup of the 202 that lets me, but it asks if I want to use NTFS or FAT.  I formatted via my computer, instead -- first trying NTFS, but then the 202 couldn't recognize it, so I switched to FAT, and it seems to have started working again.  I don't have a spare HD lying around to try it with.  No errors recognized when plugged into my computer.
DCS-5009L with firmware v1.06.02
DIR-882 with fw current as of 4/28/18
Pages: 1 [2]