• March 28, 2024, 08:47:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: mydlink Baby Cam iPhone app keeps crashing  (Read 8527 times)

rhoemer33

• Level 1 Member
mydlink Baby Cam iPhone app keeps crashing
« on: July 10, 2014, 05:34:12 AM »

Hello folks, trying to find a fix for the Baby Cam iPhone app that keeps crashing. I tested it out before the baby arrived and it seemed to work good but I didn't test it out overnight. So, after using it this week for the first time (with baby, the time I need it to work!) the app keeps crashing. Running the latest firmware (1.03), already tried deleting and re-installing the app yesterday. Crashed 3 times overnight.

I emailed tech support just now but also stumbled upon this forum. I know that if there is a fix it will come from this forum and not from their tech support! If anyone has any troubleshooting tips I would love to try them out before I have to return it to the store! It seems like it's an app problem, camera seems to work fine. Thanks for any insight,

Brad

EJMiller

• Level 1 Member
Re: mydlink Baby Cam iPhone app keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:50:35 PM »

We're having the same problem... Did you find a solution or get any help from Dlink support?

Tibz1314

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 04:32:45 AM »

We're also having the same problem, and have lost confidence in the unit. Not sure if it's software or hardware related but we noticed that on the iPhone the app will simply just close down randomly.... On my galaxy s5, the picture will freeze and not reload (we actually found our son with his blanket over his face, meanwhile the camera showed everything was fine).

anomaly

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 05:03:41 AM »

Same.  iPhone 5, app version 1.04.04 (build 5.6), camera firmware 1.03.  The app often crashes when I try to send some command to the camera, whether to play a lullaby or update its configuration.

rhoemer33

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 07:01:28 PM »

Still not resolved. I have a case going with Dlink but he said that he has not seen this issue before! Both of our iPhone 5's react the same, one with iOs 6 and the other iOs 7. I just sent him an email with a link to this page. I have been using LiveCams Pro instead and it is very reliable (crashed a couple of times in a month) compared to the Dlink app. So I think that proves that it's the app and not the camera itself.

Just updated the FW to 1.04 and it still crashed within 1 minute of viewing. Not reliable for sure. Going to give them a chance to fix it but not looking good so far. I've been in contact with them for over a month now. Will update once I hear back from him. Give them a call and get a case going, might make them fix this issue.