• March 28, 2024, 04:07:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't Install ActiveX  (Read 13827 times)

misteral

• Level 1 Member
Can't Install ActiveX
« on: July 01, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »

Hello

Windows 7x64

I've tried this on a couple machines similar to the above description. When I run the autorun to install and register with myDlink it says it's installing the activeX, then it stops and says it can't. No reason.

All my security allows the unattended activex. I even disabled all security and still nothing. Running in administrator mode and/or compatability mode gives nothing.

Help?

kfric

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't Install ActiveX
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »

I'm having the same problem with my just purchased DCS-930L. The wizard hangs up on 3 different PC's on three different networks.  IE security lowered for activex but no luck. 

kfric

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:00:33 PM »

Got it to work :-)  Thanks to another poster who was solving a different problem. Here's what worked for me: Copy the wizard installation files to a USB stick, then run the .exe file from the USB stick. Tried it and it worked on two computers.

CaptCanuck

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »

Got it to work :-)  Thanks to another poster who was solving a different problem. Here's what worked for me: Copy the wizard installation files to a USB stick, then run the .exe file from the USB stick. Tried it and it worked on two computers.

OMG - that did it!!!  I've been working on this all day for a client (with 12 units!) and couldn't get it to install.  I thought I'd tried everything short of re-installing Windows on my laptop.  Thank you sooooo much!
I'm sure all of this would have been solved if a CD was included with the package.

jeffronc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 06:07:57 PM »

I had the exact same problem but I didn't have a USB drive so I put the install files onto a microSD card, used an SD sized adapter and was able to install from my netbook.   ;D