D-Link VPN Router > DSR-250

DHCP Reserved IP's

(1/5) > >>

rjesse:
I'm trying to setup a DSR-250 for my home/home business.  I've run into a few oddities, first of which is that the DHCP Reserved IP list seems to only support 10 devices.  Is this in fact true?  If this is being sold as small business router I can't believe that it would only allow 10 static addresses.

I have 24 IP's that I would like statically assigned and I'm only a home and home business of 2 people.

Rick

FurryNutz:
Are you Recerving ip addresses on the router or on the devices?

rjesse:
I'm reserving the IP's on the router for devices that I want to have a know IP address, I still want them to be DHCP as sometime I have to change DNS servers etc.

FurryNutz:
Well no experience here with DSR series routers. I know DIR series routers can do at least 200 however I don't know for sure since i only have about 20 devices. I reserve ALL device IP addresses on the router.

What FW is currently loaded?
I would contact DLink support and pose this question to them about this router and see.

dox-ua:

--- Quote from: rjesse on August 19, 2012, 03:45:17 PM ---I'm trying to setup a DSR-250 for my home/home business.  I've run into a few oddities, first of which is that the DHCP Reserved IP list seems to only support 10 devices.  Is this in fact true?  If this is being sold as small business router I can't believe that it would only allow 10 static addresses.

I have 24 IP's that I would like statically assigned and I'm only a home and home business of 2 people.

Rick

--- End quote ---
Rick, I've got some news for you ) DHCP Reserved IP list may contain up to 24 devices (25 device can't be added on my FW for sure, a notice "Can't add this configuration to table. Maximum limit reached" appeared.FW 1.01b56_ru

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version