• March 28, 2024, 01:11:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: ONVIF with NVR Issue  (Read 4643 times)

cluttzz

• Level 1 Member
ONVIF with NVR Issue
« on: January 09, 2022, 12:09:40 PM »

I'm trying to connect the camera to an ANNKE NVR using the ONVIF protocol.

I have successfully set up the camera with the mydlink app (which works fine). I have tested it with ONVIF Device Manager to which it connects ok.
I have successfully connected other older dlink cameras to the NVR (DCS-2230L & DCS-2132LB1) which work ok
I'm using the camera IP address, user admin and password is the 6 digit PIN on the bottom of the camera.
The NVR identifies the 8300LHV2 online as an ONVIF device. When added it tries to connect, after a few seconds the LED on the front of the Camera turns from green to red and the NVR reports ‘IP Camera Exception'
I've tried numerous times to make it connect but it’s just not working. Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong? I thought ONVIF was supposed to make these connections simple.
Thank you.

cluttzz

• Level 1 Member
Re: ONVIF with NVR Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 11:28:02 AM »

To update my post :-
I have been in contact with both D-link and Annke support
D-link support say the DCS8300LHV2 camera is certified ONVIF v2.20 Profile S so the camera will work with any device that meets that exact specification.
Annke support confirmed their NVR has support for ONVIF Profile S, supports a wide range of IP cameras and in theory should work but commented that it might be a difference in ONVIF versions that is the issue.
I naively assumed two devices with ONVIF would be compatible but it seems it’s not necessarily the case. My Annke NVR connects to every camera with ONVIF I’ve tried except the DCS8300LHV2 so have given up trying and switched to using a different camera.

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
Re: ONVIF with NVR Issue
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 02:53:12 AM »

I'm trying to connect the camera to an ANNKE NVR using the ONVIF protocol.

I have successfully set up the camera with the mydlink app (which works fine). I have tested it with ONVIF Device Manager to which it connects ok.
I have successfully connected other older dlink cameras to the NVR (DCS-2230L & DCS-2132LB1) which work ok
I'm using the camera IP address of
Restaurant Menus, user admin and password is the 6 digit PIN on the bottom of the camera.
The NVR identifies the 8300LHV2 online as an ONVIF device. When added it tries to connect, after a few seconds the LED on the front of the Camera turns from green to red and the NVR reports ‘IP Camera Exception'
I've tried numerous times to make it connect but it’s just not working. Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong? I thought ONVIF was supposed to make these connections simple.
Thank you.

It seems like you've taken the necessary steps to set up the camera with ONVIF, but you're facing issues with the NVR connection. To troubleshoot:

Confirm camera compatibility with ONVIF.
Check and update firmware on both camera and NVR.
Verify port configuration and network settings.
Ensure correct authentication details.
Temporarily disable firewall/antivirus.
Examine camera logs for error messages.
Contact technical support for both camera and NVR.
These steps should help identify and resolve the connection issue.