• March 29, 2024, 05:34:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)  (Read 3523 times)

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
« on: November 12, 2021, 09:07:38 AM »

1. Why does the Eagle Pro AI app require location permission?

When a mobile device initiates Wi-Fi scans in the background, the app is required by Android/iOS to have access to the location settings on the mobile device.  As a result, location permission must be granted to search for a nearby D-Link router or range extender while you’re using the app.  Make sure location is turned on so that you can continue with setup and configuration with the Eagle Pro AI app.

2. What can I do if the app prompts No Internet Access during the setup process?

Internet access is required for the app to set up your D-Link router. If you encounter any problem, please try the following actions to troubleshooting:
  • Verify the router’s Internet port is firmly connected to your modem’s Ethernet port via an Ethernet cable.
  • Power cycle the modem and ensure it connects to Internet.

3. How do I enable/disable push notifications from the EAGLE PRO AI app?

The EAGLE PRO AI app sends push notifications whenever network activities or new firmware becomes available for your device. Follow the steps below to either enable (default) or disable push notifications:

1. Launch the EAGLE PRO AI app and log in with your D-Link account
2. Tap the Menu icon (upper left corner) and then tap Account
3. Next to Notification, tap the button to enable (blue) or disable (gray)
4. Tap < in the upper left to save the change

4. What can I do if my Eagle Pro AI app cannot find my D-Link router or range extender after scanning the setup code (QR code)?

Make sure your D-Link device is supported by the app. If you still encounter any problem, please try the following actions to troubleshoot:
  • Select the model from the menu and follow the on-screen instructions to install your D-Link device
  • If you can’t find the device, update the app to the latest version from App Store or the Google Play