• April 15, 2024, 10:32:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5020L unable view via Setup Wizard  (Read 12345 times)

Rockstar

• Level 2 Member
DCS-5020L unable view via Setup Wizard
« on: November 19, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »

Hi, I do have one of these brand new cloud camera's with a pan/tilt function.
Unfortunately, when I tried to launch the setup wizard on the part whereas it's trying to
detect the camera it is unable to view it

Here are so far the steps that I've been through:
[By the way my computer is a windows 7 64bit]

> I tried resetting the camera for about 2 to 3 times now (It turned red)
> Power cycled the camera, let it unplug for 5 minutes and it still didn't work
> I also disabled my antivirus (Almost like uninstalled it) and disabled my windows firewall
> I even use a different computer and did all of the above steps but IT DIDNT WORK
> And a friend of mine also provided me a tip wherein I push reset for 10 seconds, do the same thing while
   unplugging the power cable, 10 seconds again after plugging it back, and another 10 seconds before
   releasing the reset button. And you know what, IT DIDNT EVEN WORK.

I downloaded this setup wizard by the way from www.mydlink.com, and it is the actual DCS-5020L
    setup wizard

Please I do need some help here.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5020L unable view via Setup Wizard
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:39:17 AM »

What router do you own? Is the router set to DHCP? You should also try connecting the camera and rebooting the router.  Also, please download the Wizard software from mydlink.com/support.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Rockstar

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 08:13:28 PM »

Much appreciated by the reply

I am actually a collector of dlink products, so as of the router that I am using I do have
DIR-868L , it is set to DHCP. My DCS-5020L is currently connected to it (LAN 4) then power cycled the router
as what you've told me and as I plugged it hardwired after, it does have a green light on the power. I do have downloaded the exact DCS-5020L setup wizard via the website that you just provided me. I have no idea if I should ask for replacement for this camera, unless you could provide some other options kind sir.  :(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:16:21 PM by AlphaBeta.LV14 »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 04:48:41 AM »

The good news is that we both have the same router-camera combination.  Having several D-Link cameras myself (and having walked through a number of installations) I didn't use the traditional method of wiring the DCS-5020L to the DIR-868L during setup, but rather performed the following steps (best as I can recall from memory):

• DCS-5020L - Power-up the DCS-5020L (no Ethernet cable)
  • DCS-5020L - Press and hold the WPS button on the rear of the unit for > 10 seconds. After the button is released a blue LED should start blinking
  • DIR-868L - Use WPS from the web UI: SETUP > WIRELESS SETTINGS > ADD WIRELESS DEVICE WITH WPS (WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP WIZARD > ADD WIRELESS DEVICE WITH WPS
  • DIR-868L - (STEP 1) Use the Auto option and press Next
  • DIR-868L - (STEP 2) Select PBC and press Connect
  • DIR-868L - After the DIR-868L confirms that the device was discovered, navigate to SETUP > NETWORK SETTINGS > NUMBER OF DYNAMIC DHCP CLIENTS
  • DIR-868L - Look for the DCS-5020L IP address
  • DCS-5020L - Enter the DCS-5020L IP address into a new browser window and try to log into the DCS-5020L web UI (user: admin, password: [blank]) to validate everything is working
  • Launch the setup Wizard

* I believe I was using FW version 1.01 at the time, but don't recall if it was factory installed or if I upgraded to that manually after the camera was discovered by the DIR-868L

* Also keep in mind that after pressing the WPS button on the DCS-5020L, you only have ~60 seconds for the DIR-868L to discover the device before the DCS-5020L WPS times out, and the DIR-868L WPS option also has a limited discovery window (90 or 120 seconds I think), so you may want to navigate to the DIR-868L WPS page first, then press the DCS-5020L WPS button, and then quickly start the DIR-868L WPS, so everything is timed properly.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:21:23 AM by JavaLawyer »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 07:11:26 AM »

I set up a 5222l, 2230, & 5010l with out doing wps.

Easier to login to router, find ip of cam, and just go into f/w and set network.

I Did have ro run setup to connect to mydlink.com.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 07:37:36 AM »

I set up a 5222l, 2230, & 5010l with out doing wps.

Easier to login to router, find ip of cam, and just go into f/w and set network.

I Did have ro run setup to connect to mydlink.com.

I've done with and without, both successful.  If the intent is to setup a wireless connection, then this process kills two birds with one stone and may be suitable for advanced users.  But yes, the setup Wizard is unavoidable for mydlink registration.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:59:34 AM by JavaLawyer »

Rockstar

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »

By the way kind sir,

To what I've just did, it actually worked. But somehow, I just remembered something that this DCS-5020L cloud camera does have a zero configuration whereas there IS a shortcut in adding this through mydlink without using the setup wizard? (If I'm not mistaken though)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 08:58:01 AM »

By the way kind sir,

To what I've just did, it actually worked. But somehow, I just remembered something that this DCS-5020L cloud camera does have a zero configuration whereas there IS a shortcut in adding this through mydlink without using the setup wizard? (If I'm not mistaken though)

I believe you are mistaken. mydlink does not have the capacity to discover (i.e. pull) a Cloud device on your network. The setup Wizard is required to push that information to mydlink through the registration process.