• April 18, 2024, 11:17:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Loss of Network and Internet Connection After 1 Min  (Read 9897 times)

grafx77

• Level 1 Member
Loss of Network and Internet Connection After 1 Min
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:47:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure my router is toast, but I thought I would ensure of this here. My router cannot maintain any connection to my PC or internet for more than 2-3 mins. When I reset the router, the connection is established again, but then it drops after 1-2 minutes. I have reset my modem many times, spoke to my ISP support, in which they reset the modem a few times on their end, renewed/released IP, changed ethernet cables, and many, many more troubleshooting solutions without any clear fix.

Here are my router settings:

Hardware Version A1
Firmware 1.09  (latest version)

My internet connection is cable.
Stand alone modem
Modem Make/Model - Arris TM502G

Ensure DNS IP addresses are being filled in under Setup/Internet/Manual? Yes
Turn off QoS options. Off
Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking. On
Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices on the router. Done
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address. Yes
Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP. Done

What wireless modes are you using? 11N
What security mode are you using? None

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Loss of Network and Internet Connection After 1 Min
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 07:36:58 AM »

Does the router maintain a connection and can you access the routers web page if the router is disconnected from the Arris modem? Need to see if the router is stable with out the ISP modem connection. We've seen many issues with Arris modems.
FAQ Library

I would also try and turn OFF the Wireless radio and see what happens.

Can you connect with a different PC and does it happen here as well? Make sure the PC Network Card drivers are updated?

You could reload FW load and use the following process: Do this with out the ISP modem connected. Just be sure to have the FW .bin file already on your desktop beforehand.
1. Factory Reset using the back button
2. Update using the .bin file. Let it process.
3. Factory Reset onces more using the back button or if you can access the routers web page, use the Restore Factory Settings under Tools/System.
4. Set up the router from scratch, set up WiFi and reservations and configure those options you listed. If the router seems to be stable at this point, connect to the ISP modem and test again.

One thing you can also try if you have a neighbor, friend or family near by, take this router to there house and see if the problem follows, if it does then you'll know. If it doesn't, then possible that the problem is upstream or down stream.

Let us know how it goes. Here to help.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.