• March 28, 2024, 03:42:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 932 driving me nuts  (Read 2665 times)

maguire1

• Level 1 Member
932 driving me nuts
« on: December 31, 2012, 05:54:33 PM »

Any help would be much appreciated , first of all I am not a techy so i need things spelled out in simple instructions , I got the 932 for christmas and im trying to get it to work  with my iphone , camera doesnt seem to connect to internet without ethernet cable , light red without cable , i plugged camera into wireless router and downloaded disc onto my new mac lap top and I got it to work , now I disconnected ethernet cable and green light goes red whats my problem , any one???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: 932 driving me nuts
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 09:26:02 AM »

The DCS-932L will not automatically connect to your router via a wireless connection. You need to perform some handshaking between the two devices. What make/model router do you have? Does your router have a "WPS" button (or alternatively, a WPS option in the router web UI)?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

zejulio

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 04:41:20 PM »

I would put the CD in a Windows PC, and then connect the camera to the router via cable.
Then with the software configure the camera.
You must activate the wireless and select the SSID and Key (if you have, if now you should...).
All this can be made with the ethernet cable and accessing the camera webpage in your browser.

If you know the camera IP when connected to cable you can also use your MAC browser to configure the camera.

Regards.

JakobR

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 08:03:50 AM »

I had the same problem, it was impossible to install the camera with wireless support, it was greyed out. The problem was that the wireless connection wasn't on by default. You need to go to the setup turn this feature on.

See:

http://support.dlink.com/emulators/dcs932L/100/wireless.htm

Enable "Wireless settings". You'll also need to enter the name of your wireless network under SSID and set the Wireless security to the right type.