• March 28, 2024, 10:35:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Motion Sensor triggering false alarms  (Read 63753 times)

brescia3701

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion Sensor triggering false alarms
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 07:52:59 PM »

Okay, read through the forum...  Tried all the noted items:
- set Light Freq to 60Hz
- set sensitivity to 1%
- set day/night to day

Anything else?

I have it set to send me 5 images, two before event and two after event.  I look at all 5 one right after the other and absolutely no difference.  No flickering, no light difference, no dust specs.  No reason to be triggering.

Should I simply return this or are you guys (dlink) actually working on something?

stoneface

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 12:12:33 AM »

I just got three of the 933L cameras and I am getting a lot of false alarms, too. I have the cameras set to send video and stills; the stills show no change, but one video image (usually or always frame 8) has most of the image black. The black image triggers the motion detection, and the still images don't show any trace. I am going to just send videos next.

Another cause of false alarms is cycling between color and IR, which is interpreted as motion.

However, what concerns me more is false negatives. My wife came home early and then left again; I got a video showing her back out, but not arriving before that. The motion zones should have picked up her arrival first.

raid05

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 12:00:39 PM »

Anyone have a solution for this problem? Tried a few things suggested in the thread but I'm still getting spammed by false alert emails all day long.

Newbie881

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 04:37:43 AM »

Dear colleagues from D-Link...
My DSC- 5020L produce also very often false alarms and the proposed workaround solution doesn’t satisfy me! It’s a pity. I’ve informed my retailer in order to inform the consumer. This bug must be fixed asap! I expect a patch ore firmware update ore the money back! I hope that an engineer read these lines and save the reputation of D-Link.javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);
Kind regards

Newbie881

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 01:04:32 AM »

:)With the new Firmware the problem seems to be resolved. There are still some false alarms but this has to do with the switch from IR to daylight picture I guess. Thanks to the programmer from D-Link. Rgds, ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 06:24:58 AM »

:)With the new Firmware the problem seems to be resolved. There are still some false alarms but this has to do with the switch from IR to daylight picture I guess. Thanks to the programmer from D-Link. Rgds, ;)

I presume you are referring to FW v1.02b05? Unfortunately there are no release notes posted by D-Link, so it's difficult to tell if motion detection was something that was addressed on that latest release.  :-\
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Newbie881

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2013, 01:11:01 AM »

Yes, you’re right. In deed there are no specifications regarding the new Firmware v1.02b05 and to be honest, it’s just a subjective feeling that this update has reduced the amount of false alarms. But nevertheless with this updated there must be a significant change because before my Mailbox was full of false alarms mail and now there are only a few. By the way, I set the sensibility on 0%. Rgds,

Ago38

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 03:24:12 AM »

Hello,

Same problem.
I set motion sensitivity to 0%  but still false alarms.....

Any news about this problem ?

---
Alain
Pages: 1 2 [3]