The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-857

Error 619 connevting to VPN

(1/4) > >>

connormacleod:
Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.... I recently upgraded the FW on my DIR-857 to version 1.04 (I don't remember exactly which version it was running before).

Now I get an Error 619 - "A connection to the remote computer could not be established."  when trying to connect to a VPN (running windows 7 pro 64 bit). Never had this issue before FW upgrade, so I think it's related.  I went upnder the advanced networks section to make sure my PPPOE pass thru was enabled... (the user manual also talks about the dire 857 supporting PPTP pass thru), but it seems the option is no longer there under FW version 1.04?

Does anyone know if there's something else I need to enable to restore my ability to connect to VPN's?  I'm tempted to start randomly downgrading FW...  :o

Grateful for any help....

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
* Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
* Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?  Link> >FW Update Process

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?

connormacleod:
Hi there :)
I'm in canada, my ISP is xplornet, which is an LTE style line of sight tower to received type. similar speeds to older cable (way better than dial up though)

I have a wired connection to the router.

I did not perform a factory reset before doing firmware upgrades, as it seems the PPOE pass through option was removed from the FW upgrade I did.

Do you think that a factory reset would somehow remove the error 619?

FurryNutz:
It's recommended to do a factory reset before and after doing a FW update always.

I can check y 857 and see if PPPoE is present or not. Not sure why it would be removed as PPPoE is still a protocol used by DSL ISP services.
What browser are you using?

Update: I checked mine and PPPoE is a listed valid protocol in the drop down list.

connormacleod:
I'm using firefox as a browser... perhaps I wasn't clear on the PPPoe.  PPPoe is still present under the network setup. But there used to be an option titled "enable PPPoE pass thru", under the advanced network configuration section. (Page 65 of the user manual shows it.)

It was just a little check box, and the section was right between the UPNP and WAN PING sections. It seems to no longer be present in the latest firmware. This is the option I'm looking for to enable my VPN to connect again.

Can you confirm that you don't have this option anymore either?

I'm not sure why it was removed since it still shows in the manual. I'm hoping there's a work around... or i***now what firmware it was last in... I will try downgrading?

grateful for your help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version