• March 28, 2024, 10:50:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Setup Wizard does not find my DCS-930L camera!  (Read 21643 times)

danielmcalia

• Level 1 Member
Setup Wizard does not find my DCS-930L camera!
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:21:44 AM »

Hello. I have downloaded the latest Setup Wizard and followed its instructions, connecting both the camera and the notebook to the wifi router through cables. However, even if the camera´s led is green, the setup wizard cannot find the camera. I have already tried to turn off the Avira antivirus and the ZoneAlarm Firewall, but it made no difference... I keep receiving the "No camera found" message.
I have bought 4 DCS-930L cameras, a NVR and an external disk, once the salesman told me the installation would be very easy, but now I am worried, thinking that maybe I made a bad purchase (and I am not able to give the cameras back to the store...). I would appreciate if someone could helpm me to find out what could be the issue. Thanks in advance.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Setup Wizard does not find my DCS-930L camera!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 10:28:51 AM »

Is this all 4 cameras? Which router?
Do you see the camera assigned an address when you log into your router?

danielmcalia

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 03:53:45 PM »

Is this all 4 cameras? Which router?
Do you see the camera assigned an address when you log into your router?
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have tried only one of the cameras (I left the other 3 in their packages sealed in case I need to sell them). I do not have the router here, but I will check tomorrow at the shop. I can see the camera if I insert the IP address of the camera (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) in the browser (Chrome), but when I go back to the setup wizard and try again, it keeps searching and then shows the "No camera found" message...
I was wondering if it is a port issue. Or if I could do any test, like ping type (sorry, I am not an IT expert ;) ). Well, no clues...

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 03:20:23 PM »

Hello. I have downloaded the latest Setup Wizard and followed its instructions, connecting both the camera and the notebook to the wifi router through cables. However, even if the camera´s led is green, the setup wizard cannot find the camera. I have already tried to turn off the Avira antivirus and the ZoneAlarm Firewall, but it made no difference... I keep receiving the "No camera found" message.
I have bought 4 DCS-930L cameras, a NVR and an external disk, once the salesman told me the installation would be very easy, but now I am worried, thinking that maybe I made a bad purchase (and I am not able to give the cameras back to the store...). I would appreciate if someone could helpm me to find out what could be the issue. Thanks in advance.

There is more than one reason the camera may not be found when running the setup wizard at the time of installation. If you can find the camera using the IP address grabbed from your router, the camera is working fine. It is just the matter of connecting to the mydlink™ service and we can help with that here.

Make sure the following are cover...

• The camera is connected to the same network  the computer running the wizard is and both have an IP address
  • You have downloaded the correct installation wizard for the specific hardware revision, the DCS-930L has REVA (Win|Mac) and REVB (Win|Mac) so verify which is yours
  • If you are running a software firewall or any security software on your PC,  ensure that this has ether been configured to allow the wizard scan tool or is disabled while running the setup process
  • In extreme cases and depending on the H/W version of the camera, you will need to upgrade the firmware prior to setting it up, please verify the firmware version the camera is running (most REVA's will need to have the firmware updated) and update using the manual firmware update process if the wizard is unable to find the camera. This process is simple and does not required experts to get it done. Again this is not common and for the most part not needed since once connected to the service the firmware update would happen automatically after your confirmation, so let's hope this is not your case and try the other suggestions first.

If you end up using #4, after the manual firmware update, just run the setup wizard once more to get the camera detected and connected to the mydlink™ service.

Let us know how it goes!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:23:04 PM by Kakashi::. »

danielmcalia

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 07:24:25 AM »

There is more than one reason the camera may not be found when running the setup wizard at the time of installation. If you can find the camera using the IP address grabbed from your router, the camera is working fine. It is just the matter of connecting to the mydlink™ service and we can help with that here.

Make sure the following are cover...

• The camera is connected to the same network  the computer running the wizard is and both have an IP address
  • You have downloaded the correct installation wizard for the specific hardware revision, the DCS-930L has REVA (Win|Mac) and REVB (Win|Mac) so verify which is yours
  • If you are running a software firewall or any security software on your PC,  ensure that this has ether been configured to allow the wizard scan tool or is disabled while running the setup process
  • In extreme cases and depending on the H/W version of the camera, you will need to upgrade the firmware prior to setting it up, please verify the firmware version the camera is running (most REVA's will need to have the firmware updated) and update using the manual firmware update process if the wizard is unable to find the camera. This process is simple and does not required experts to get it done. Again this is not common and for the most part not needed since once connected to the service the firmware update would happen automatically after your confirmation, so let's hope this is not your case and try the other suggestions first.

If you end up using #4, after the manual firmware update, just run the setup wizard once more to get the camera detected and connected to the mydlink™ service.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Kakashi! Sorry for taking so much time to reply, I was traveling and arrived yesterday.
Regarding your points:
1) Both the camera and the pc are connected to the router through cable, so they are in the same network, aren´t they? Or there is a possibility that they are not, even connected to the ame router? How can I verify that?
2) I have downloaded the correct setup wizard
3) I have disabled both the firewall and the security software before trying again
4) I have done the camera´s manual firmware update process. The wizard still does not see the camera...

Is there no way at all to setup DView Cam without the wizzard? I am losing my hope....

Btw, do I have to click on "Insert Quote" every time I reply to you, or Can I just click on Reply under your post? Thanks.

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 10:49:11 AM »

Hi Kakashi! Sorry for taking so much time to reply, I was traveling and arrived yesterday.
Regarding your points:
1) Both the camera and the pc are connected to the router through cable, so they are in the same network, aren´t they? Or there is a possibility that they are not, even connected to the ame router? How can I verify that?
2) I have downloaded the correct setup wizard
3) I have disabled both the firewall and the security software before trying again
4) I have done the camera´s manual firmware update process. The wizard still does not see the camera...

Is there no way at all to setup DView Cam without the wizzard? I am losing my hope....

Btw, do I have to click on "Insert Quote" every time I reply to you, or Can I just click on Reply under your post? Thanks.

danielmcalia,

There are several ways to determine if those devices are in the same network other then the physical cable verification, but before I move into that, your #4 statement proves that you have login to the cameras?  How did you managed to do this... buy static IP address directly connected to your computer or with the cameras connected directly the router using DHCP? If you can login to the cameras by directly connecting to their IP address using a browser,  then that's it..  They are in the same network and you have completed 60% of the work, attaching these cameras to the mydlink™ service should be a breeze now and configuration recording should also be easy once everything is in the network.

Follow the below step for confirmation and report back:

• Login to your router configuration pages and look for the list of clients connected or DHCP leases the router is reporting. You should be able to see the camera host names in the list together with their assigned IP address; if they in fact did pull an IP address for this router
  • Once you know their IP addresses, open a command prompt window and ping the address for each camera. (they will respond to pings immediately).
  • Try opening the web configuration pages by launching your browser (FF or Chrome) and entering their IP address e.g., http://{ipaddress}

It seems that you have had some success with them since you were able to upgrade the firmware, so your problem seems to be the installation wizard for some odd reason. You may also use the mydlink™ Lite app to setup  your cameras using your iOS or Android device, Let me know if you are interested in this process. If you have a D-Link router that support the "mydlink™ Zero Configuration" feature, this can also be used to attach your cameras to the mydlink™ service.

If this is all something you have already done and would like more detail information, please PM me and be ready to answer more detail questions.

Using reply should be just fine... unless you are responding to something I posted in my prior message and you want to make it clear.

danielmcalia

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 12:00:46 PM »

Thanks again, Kakashi. I have already done the steps you mentioned: checked the DHCP list at the router´s configuration page, then entered the IP address at the browser (then I was able to see the camera´s image, after clicking on "java", and later I was able to update its firmware).
Unfortunatelly my router is not D-Link, so I do not have the MyDLink Zero Configuration. Sorry for my ignorance (English is not my native language, I am Brazilian), but what does "PM" mean? ("... please PM me and be ready for...")
I was wondering if it´s not a port issue.
I will download the mydlink™ Lite app at my Android device and see what I get.
-----------------------
Updating:
I have managed to see the camera through Mydlink Lite App at home! Uhuuuuuuu! Does that mean that I don´t need the setup wizzard anymore to setup the cameras at the store (where I need the cameras), now that I was able to create a Mydlink account? Maybe I just need to open the app at the store, with the store´s router, and try to "see" the camera again, and then add the other 3 cameras. Is that correct?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:10:22 PM by danielmcalia »

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »

danielmcalia,

You got it!!  as long as the cameras are registered to the mydlink™ service using the account you created, the only other need is a live internet connection and a UPnP enabled router (in a network with more then one camera or if you want to see the video from outside the network for more then 1 minute); without UPnP, the cameras may end up having problems connecting to the mydlink™ service or forced to use the mydlink™ service as a proxy or relay to view your camera video ( warning: relaying only allows viewing of your camera video in 1 minute intervals).

You seems to have been successful at connecting the cameras, like I said before there are other ways to have the cameras setup and configure... You should be fine now.

I like to provide answers to your questions:

Does that mean that I don´t need the setup wizzard anymore to setup the cameras at the store (where I need the cameras), now that I was able to create a Mydlink account?
Yes! if you are able to have the cameras connect to the store network and that network has a live internet connection. You can use the app to setup the rest of the cameras at the location.
Maybe I just need to open the app at the store, with the store´s router, and try to "see" the camera again, and then add the other 3 cameras. Is that correct?
Yes!, just make sure your android device is connected to the same network (Wi-Fi) and you should be golden!  is that easy!

Let us know if you need anymore help!

danielmcalia

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 04:41:47 PM »

Great, Kakashi! Thanks a lot for your huge help and patience! Is should work fine now, if it does not I will let you know.
Regards,
Daniel

artuk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 02:16:55 PM »

I have a very similar problem with my DCS-932LB

I have assigned it to my home network and can access it by putting the IP address assigned by my router into my browser and logging on to the device.
However, both the installation wizard and the My Dlink Lite App (windows phone version) cannot find the camera on my home network.
I have enabled UPNP on my router.
The router also has settings to allow gaming and application sharing, which has a default ftp setting.
I cannot register my cameras with "my dlink" as I cannot create an account without registering the cameras using the Wizard or App.

Help!  I'm stuck and assume it's a problem with the broadband router (an older Thomson model rebranded for O2) but I don't know what settings might be preventing the camera being seen by the software on my PC.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 02:41:42 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?

u]mydlink.com Supported Browsers[/u]
Internet Explorer 7 or higher (32-bit) - Add mydlink.com to the "Compatibility View" exceptions list.
Firefox 12 or higher
Chrome 20 or higher
Safari 6 or higher (Mac OS only)

Please review:
Links>mydlink and Browser FAQ
DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Also...
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/04/15/chrome-42-blocks-java-silverlight-other-plugins-by-default-now/
 http://support.dlink.com/FAQView.aspx?f=IlkzRfo0ym7ofWgtMitzCA%3d%3d

You have to register for at Mydlink account first using a PC and a web browser.

I have assigned it to my home network and can access it by putting the IP address assigned by my router into my browser and logging on to the device.
However, both the installation wizard and the My Dlink Lite App (windows phone version) cannot find the camera on my home network.
The router also has settings to allow gaming and application sharing, which has a default ftp setting.
I cannot register my cameras with "my dlink" as I cannot create an account without registering the cameras using the Wizard or App.

Help!  I'm stuck and assume it's a problem with the broadband router (an older Thomson model rebranded for O2) but I don't know what settings might be preventing the camera being seen by the software on my PC.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

artuk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 03:11:32 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?

u]mydlink.com Supported Browsers[/u]
Internet Explorer 7 or higher (32-bit) - Add mydlink.com to the "Compatibility View" exceptions list.
Firefox 12 or higher
Chrome 20 or higher
Safari 6 or higher (Mac OS only)

Please review:
Links>mydlink and Browser FAQ
DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Also...
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/04/15/chrome-42-blocks-java-silverlight-other-plugins-by-default-now/
 http://support.dlink.com/FAQView.aspx?f=IlkzRfo0ym7ofWgtMitzCA%3d%3d

You have to register for at Mydlink account first using a PC and a web browser.

As mentioned earlier, it's a version B.  The firmware installed was v2, although I have updated it to v2.03 (though subsequently hard reset the camera so I'm not sure if that has now been reset to v2).

The camera is connected to the wireless lan correctly using WPS and it is obviously "working" as I can log onto to it's IP address and see it's video stream.

However, the DLink Lite Ap and the Set UP wizard for PC fails to detect the camera on my lan, though I know it is on the LAN since I can see it within my broadband router.

My router is an O2 badged version of the Thomson SpeedTouch TG587nv2.  It supports wireless N, and supports WPS and the usual security protocols - the cameras has correctly connected using WPS, so that's not the issue.

I have enabled uPnP on the router (it was turned off).  The router has assigned the camera an IP address.
I'm suing IE 11 with Active X installed - that's working fine.

It's all working except the damn DLink App and Wizard, which refuse to detect the camera on my network.  Therefore I cannot set up an online account to view the cameras.  I am assuming it is a router setting issue somewhere, but I'm at the limits of what else to try.
It's not an issue with the traffic getting from my router to the MyDlink website (the PNP settings etc) as I'm not able to get that far - the configuration wizard and DLInk Lite App simplt refuse to find the camera on my LAN.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 06:56:08 AM »

You can register for at Mydlink account first using a PC and a web browser.

Factory reset the camera and have the camera wired to the main host router. Be sure it gets an IP address. Check the main host router to see it's getting an IP address...If you find an IP address, try accessing the cameras web page with a web browser using the IP address it get from the main host router.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.