• March 28, 2024, 04:52:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: problems upgradeing firware to 1.21 eu dns probs and savind pages plz help  (Read 6201 times)

darksync

• Level 1 Member

hi there
i upgraded my dir 655 A2  from 1.03 to 1.21 eu no problem so far
i tried to get my settings back but then i cant change anything it works to go on internet
but cant save pages it reboots or restarts te pages but its not saved
so i upgared again to 1.21 eu an get the factory defaults

the dns server wont get automatic as i had no problems in the past with that
only if i set the dns manualy it works

but still i cant change anything cant change pass or set virtual server

so the only thing that works is getting on the internet cause i set the dns server manualy thats the only thing i can save

plz i hope someone can help cause i want to set some ports open

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member

Go to 1.22beta05 or 1.11 if you don't need the Shareport feature. 1.21 is not a very good firmware.
Be aware that upgrading to 1.3x is permanent and does not allow going back to lower firmwares.
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

darksync

• Level 1 Member

are you sure i can upgrade to that beta version or is it better to get 1.3 ????

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member

Just get 1.22beta05. It's very goos firmware, and if it does not work OK you can always go back to 1.11 (if you don't have A4 hardware revision that is).

When choosing 1.30x there is no way back. So if 1.22beta05 solves yuor issue you can always contemplate going to 1.3x

darksync

• Level 1 Member

ok il try it

darksync

• Level 1 Member

ok everything works now
can i   update to 1.31 or is it better to stay with the beta

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member

You gotta decide.... 1.31. seems to work OK although there are always some issues reported (look around on the board). If you decide to go to 1.3x you need the new Shareport 1.10 (deinstall the old version first and remove all pieces/references). Also, do not use the saved config but set it up manually.

If you have no issues you can stay with this version. You can always upgrade to 1.3x later on.