• April 24, 2024, 11:30:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Beta Firmware 1.12NA Build05 Feedback and Comments!  (Read 60525 times)

wfdavis

• Level 1 Member
Re: Beta Firmware 1.12NA Build05 Feedback and Comments!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 09:16:03 AM »

Could someone please explain how to turn DSN/Relay off in the router, I know that it's under the router settings but the checkmark is greyed out, how are you able to turn it off? 

Go to setup/internet/manual internet connection setup/
un-check "Enable Advanced DNS Service"
Then you can uncheck DNS Relay.

MATT84

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2009, 11:16:21 AM »

after disabling graphical authentication, when i attempt to log in as admin with the correct password, it says invalid password, even though i know it's correct.  after about the 3rd or 4th try entering the same password, it finally goes through.  any way to fix this bug?

MATT84

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2009, 03:36:01 PM »

nevermind, its a problem i am having only with Safari.

StepheninIsrael

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2009, 10:26:39 PM »

Installed the Beta (I assume it's the same as NA). I disabled the DNS relay. But Shareport still doesn't work.

Oh well.

CanaKw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2009, 04:37:27 AM »

Been running on the Beta 1.12NA since it was available.  With DNS Relay enabled, it would (as like 1.11) would go into a hang, requiring a power off/on to recover.  Couldn't even log on to 192.168.0.1.  After disabling DNS Relay, been no issues (fingers crossed).
ps: Performing Factory reset & then rebuilding config again (as like 1.11) makes no difference in preventing this hang situation. 
| 11thAug09 Went 9x days without a lock-up, best I've ever achieved on this unit.  What was different |about this lock up though, the logon panel via 192.168.0.1 could be displayed (others..wouldn't |display).  As I was at work...had the wife recover via power off/on unit.  Wish this unit has the reliability |of the previous DIR-655.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 03:08:33 PM by CanaKw »

richv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2009, 05:20:35 AM »

When I originally installed the beta I completely re-did the entire configuration.  The router started to fail after just 2 days like it did with the previous version.  I turned off the DNS Relay and reset the configuration again.  It is now in it's fourth day with a single hiccup.

In my opinion, DNS relay serves no purpose at all so it should be turned off as a factory default or fixed so no one has to deal with it.

chucklesjh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2009, 11:25:11 AM »

Okay, I'm officially fed up.  I rebuilt my config from scratch and turned off DNS relay.  It was exactly 2 days uptime and my wireless became unresponsive, I went to a wired machine and by the time I got to it and tried to log into the router, it had rebooted itself and was testing upstream.  I have one question, how did you guys fix the lockup issue? Make the router restart after 2 days?  I did not touch any of the settings nor do anything to cause it to reboot just now in the past two days.  Disabling DNS relay is not helping me, and I will not pay for nothing again by RMA'ing my router.

I don't even use the SharePort, I was looking into it but decided not to bother after reading others' issues with it.

edit:  Okay, 10 minutes after it rebooted itself, I had to go pull the power because connecting to wireless was impossible.  I tried my Macbook Pro and a Gateway laptop, both had connection timeouts.  Ugh...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 01:14:48 PM by chucklesjh »

rhn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2009, 01:37:21 PM »

I have dns relay off, I use the 2.4 ghz network because the 5 ghz doesn't work.  Now the router will hang for about 20 second intervals every few minutes.  This is extremely frustrating.  I think you guys need to rewrite your firmware from scratch.  Because this just isn't working.  My $50 linksys router I bought 5 years ago works better than this router. 

satman85

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2009, 09:21:57 PM »

Using older firmware (1.01) I had been unable to get WOL over internet working.  As soon as the computer went into standby, the router took the mac off its table and hence virtual server didnt work.  Attempting to forward it to address servers (255 or 127) did not work either.

With new firmware (1.12NA), computer still seems to fall off table on standby but at least i am able to forward port 9 udp to the network address server (255).  Thus, I am finally able to wake my computer from the net, allowing me to set up servers (try the new windows 7 media player streaming with the divx labs mkv splitter... I can stream all my hd movies to anywhere with decent quality!) without running my computer all day.

So I, for one, am happy with the new firmware (but I did disable DNS relay just to be safe!)

GShyneDM

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2009, 10:52:41 AM »

Just wanted to add my voice in. Coming from Firmware 1.01, 1.11, and 1.12 now

Shareport = Still not working correctly after less then 24 hours after reboot.
Router still locks up after 3 days....with DNS relay and Advanced DNS turned off... im running for about 5 days now.

Ru-Fi-Oh

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2009, 10:57:55 AM »

Yes Shareport does have it's issues across the board of all routers that support shareport. We are currently working on a utility fix. we don't have an ETA but do have one in the works.

wfdavis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2009, 04:00:20 PM »

Well I did what I read here. I did a manual reset of the router. Installed the new non beta firmware v 1.12NA. I manually redid my configuration. I did this on Saturday morning the 1st. I left DNS relay enabled. The router locked up 20 minutes ago, the 5th. I got almost 5 days. I'm sorry Ru-Fi-Oh your new firmware fixed nothing for me. Any chance I can return this A1 for a B1? ;D

I didn't think so :'(
I disabled DNS relay again that seems to stop the lockup for now.
As I wait for the next firmware. ???

WF

jeff87

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2009, 08:04:10 AM »

Same problems for me. I reset to factory defaults, manually reconfigured, and left dns relay on. Had to reboot the router after about 2 days. Turned off dns relay. Had to reboot the router after about 2 days.

rhn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2009, 11:52:48 PM »

Using the 2.4 network (since it is the only one that seems to work reliably) wireless n works really well.  However, I have older comps on the network that cant use n.  The mixed mode n and g causes ssh connections to stall slightly a lot of the time, with an occasional hang up for up to about 30 seconds.  Since I do more than just surf the web, this is extremely annoying.  Any idea why the n and g network stalls?  I've had this router too long to return to best buy.  Since I spent $160 I'd like it to actually work.....

chucklesjh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »

A little less than 4 days uptime, was using the net a few mins ago and realized that nothing loaded and my wireless disconnected.  My router rebooted itself...again.  And yes, DNS Relay is OFF.  I think we're all still assuming that this thing is locking up because of some sort of memory leak or because some log or whatever is getting full, did dlink seriously just put an auto-reboot in there?  That would be bs.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5