• April 16, 2024, 10:56:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: DNS-320 - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 489383 times)

sip06pp

• Level 2 Member
Re: DNS-320 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #495 on: January 06, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »

Maybe add:

General - Printer driver show/change/update
General - Printer settings show/change/update

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #496 on: January 07, 2014, 04:50:58 AM »

Maybe add:

General - Printer driver show/change/update
General - Printer settings show/change/update

Added to firmware wishlist. . .  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-320 - Firmware Wishlist Contributions
« Reply #497 on: January 07, 2014, 04:52:16 AM »

The following DNS-320 Firmware Wishlist contains the collective suggestions provided by the DNS-325 D-Link forum community, and may not reflect actual changes to current or future firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320 Wishlist

• General - 4TB HDD support
  • General - Include ability to revert to older firmware after upgrading to v2.02b01
  • General - Ability to add user quotas for data transfer
  • General - Ability to create Ajaxplorer repositories
  • General - Ability to change the name of the root volumes (e.g. change "Volume_1" to "xyz")
  • General - Ability to email "Scan Disk" results
  • General - Ability to maintain audit log containing files opened, viewed, modified by user account and date
  • General - Ability to modify and view permissions from within the Web Sever
  • General - Ability to set DNS-320 as the master browser on the network (e.g. change smb.conf with "local master=yes", preferred master=yes","domain master=yes")
  • General - Ability to set user defined Dynamic DNS update frequency
  • General - Ability to set user defined UPS battery charge level to trigger NAS shutdown
  • General - Auto-refresh option for external IP address when "Report external IP in passive mode" is selected
  • General - Add function to compress/uncompress a file or directory in the NAS (without the support of a PC)
  • General - Add option to enter specific temperature to trigger fan activation
  • General - Add Wake-on-LAN functionality
  • General - Add Wake-on-LAN functionality to boot other devices in the network
  • General - Basic shell access without requiring installation of an add-on (e.g. Fonz Fun_Plug)
  • General - Bonjour support for broadcast and discovery of AFP volume by name (rather than using afp://[IP_ADDRESS]/share)
  • General - Consolidate all applications/services in one location in the Web UI (Rather than listing apps in "Applications" and "Management > Application Management")
  • General - Customizable log, with the option to select/deselect the specific events (from a list) that will be included in the log
  • General - Enable ability for users to independently change their own passwords
  • General - Enable alerts and log files for local and external backup events
  • General - EXT 4 Support
  • General - Display fan speed in the Web-UI and log files
  • General - File De-fragmentation Functionality
  • General - Full SMART and other tests reporting (to anable more thorough diagnostics without moving HDDs to another device for testing)
  • General - Improved and more user customizable fan control software
  • General - Improved iTunes support
  • General - Improved UPS support (i.e. increase number of supported models) and integration[/color]
  • General - Improved streaming support for BR media players
  • General - Improved support for mobile devices (e.g. Android, iPad, iPhone, netbooks etc.), including device-specific friendly web interface
  • General - Inclusion of data recovery software
  • General - Integrated file browser (with ability to delete files and directories)
  • General - iSCSI Support
  • General - Mail server functionality
  • General - Managed HDD swap (to provide easy HDD swaps/rebuilds)
  • General - Music player support for defined genres
  • General - Option to change the number of items listed per page in File Explorer
  • General - Option for print a report on folder share (read/write/no-access options for any folder)
  • General - Option to receive email with detailed SMART report, rather than simply "The Result Of the Test Is: Pass"
  • General - Option to schedule automatic AVserver file update and only update new files (to minimize refresh time)
  • General - Print server support for advanced printer functionality (e.g. scanner)
  • General - Print server support for AirPrint
  • General - Printer driver show/change/update
  • General - Printer settings show/change/update
  • General - Scheduled Power-on/Power-off similar to the DNS-320 hardware revision B (Referenced post/screen-shot:here
  • Support for DDNS login with www.no-ip.com
  • General - Support for HTTPS downloads
  • General - Support for IP v6
  • General - Support for multiple volumes (i.e. partitions) mappable network drives in Windows
  • General - Support for remote forced power-down either via the web interface
  • General - Support for second IP address with no gateway/DNS (i.e. separate IP addresses for LAN versus Internet based access)
  • General - Support for special characters in user names (e.g. "John.Smith")
  • General - Support for storing live video from IP security camera(s)
  • General - Support to expand archives (e.g. RAR/ZIP)
  • General - TFTP Server support
  • General - Update Ajaxplorer to latest version
  • General - Update kernel to address vulnerabilities
  • General - Volume Encryption
  • General - Windows 8 IE 10 Support (Desktop and Metro) (i.e. XML errors during torrent submission)
  • General - Wireless LAN/Bluetooth stick support (via USB/USB hub) for wireless NAS connectivity
  • Apps - Ability to automatically install third party applications through the DNS-320 web interface(e.g. Twonkyserver), rather than having to manually install
  • Apps - Update support for AjaXplorer
  • GUI - Control to change the default "Help" setting to "Hide" OR "Show" ("Hide": users must proactively click "?" to open help. "Show": Help is always visible)
  • Backup - Add option in Incremental Backup to remove files in the destination HDDs that are no longer in the Source HDDs
  • Backup - Add option to proivde URL entry in Remote Backup setup (i.e. DDNS address)
  • Backup - Cloud storage support (e.g. Dropbox, ZumoDrive, Spideroak, Tonido, etc.)
  • Backup - Designate USB HDD as the target destination for the integrated "Local Backup" functionality
  • Backup - Remove case sensitive dependency for local file and folder names
  • Backup - Support for Amazon Glacier
  • Backup - When creating a new (remote) backup task and the source directory is too large to fit on the destination HDD, add a warning message (rather than aborting the task) and permit the creation of the new backup task
  • DLNA - Improve DLNA server support for streaming media (without relying on add-ons such as TWONKY)
  • DLNA - Improved smart TV support (e.g. Samsung, etc.)
  • FTP - Ability to upload files via http://FTP (i.e. similar to the download feature)
  • FTP - Add "Incremental Backup" functionality to the FTP download to the "FTP/HTTP Downloads Settings" page
  • FTPl - Remove 15 character length limitation for storing remote FTP server usernames
  • Hibernation - Hibernation fails when P2P torrent completes, despite user settings to stop seeding (i.e. P2P continues seeding regardless of user settings and hibernation fails)
  • P2P - Ability to adjust the auto-refresh time in the torrent application
  • FTP - Improved support for ALLO command (e.g. address "ALLO: 552 Disk full - please upload later" error when uploading large files)
  • P2P - Ability to automatically shutdown after download completes
  • P2P - Ability to select individual files for download in multi-file torrents
  • P2P - Ability to set the number of concurrent downloads (Currently fixed at 10 which is too heavy for some user networks
  • P2P - Ability to save files to a user defined volume/directory on the DNS-320 rather than the default hidden volume. (i.e. Volume 2)
  • P2P - Ability to upload an IP Block List in the torrent client (e.g. Peerblock for Windows)
  • P2P - Add Estimated Download Time
  • P2P - Add seeding option (e.g. "Seed until Upload/download ratio reaches x%")
  • P2P - Add support for alternate torrent server (e.g. TransmissionServer)
  • P2P - Automatic download of torrent from RSS feed
  • P2P - Download and upload speeds should display in "KBps" (rather than Kbps)
  • P2P - More details in torrent list (e.g. tracker name, seeds/leech, etc.)
  • P2P - Option to enable/disable DHT
  • P2P - Options port for DHT
  • P2P - P2P map not accessible from Volume_1 folder over Samba (results in files copied between logical volumes rather than moved within the same logical volume)
  • P2P - Security - Add option to lock/unlock access to P2P folder when mapping networked drives to other users on network
  • P2P - Security - Hide P2P feature when standard users login to web interface
  • P2P - Security - Folder is available for any user to access and delete
  • P2P - Set each page to display 50 items (rather than the drop down menu)
  • P2P - Support for magnetic link (rather than just torrents)
  • P2P - User defined download directory (other than parent Volume)
  • P2P - User defined time dependent bandwidth controls on an hourly basis
  • Security - Address outstanding security vulnerabilities
  • Security - Files moved to the recycle bin are accessible to all users and should only be accessible to users with the appropriate security policies
  • Security - Download / Backup via secure ftp
  • Security - Option to enable anonymous guest access using CIFS
  • Security - Send Mail via SSL (i.e. TLS/SSL SMTP support)
  • UPnP - Ability for UPnP server to automatically find rnamed/moved folders/files
  • UPnP - Share the ID3 tag track number for audio files (currently on the ID3 tag track name is shared, causing tracks to list alphabetically rather than album order)
  • UPnP - One-click optionto restart UPnP server following a crash/freeze
  • UPnP - Option to enable access to the P2P folder "complete" within UPnP (i.e. to avoid copying files to another location to obtain access)
  • UPnP - Option to refresh individual shares (rather than "Refresh All")
  • UPnP - Option to stream media over Internet to mobile devices (e.g. smartphone, tablet)
  • UPnP - Support for the RMVB file format
  • UPnP - Support for video thumbnails
  • General - Ability to expand archives (e.g. RAR/ZIP)
  • USB - Ability to manage externally attached USB HDDs from the web interface for copying to/from the NAS
  • USB - Ability to set user access permissions for USB attached storage (ability for all users to access USB storage through SMB and FTP creates potential security risk)
  • USB - Ability to cancel an in-progress copy job
  • USB - Direct connection of external USB HDD (and multiple USB HDDs via a hub)
  • USB - NTFS support
  • USB - USB Copy function does not retain creation/modification dates for files copied from USB to the DNS-320
  • USB - Support for 3TB HDD via USB
  • WebDAV - Provide WebDAV availability
  • Web File Server - Support for downloading files greater than 2GB
  • Web File Server - Add progress bar to "Web File Server" to monitor files between HDDs
  • Bug - UPnP - Add Subtitle (*.srt) support for media files in "UPNP AV SERVER"
  • Bug - Auto-refresh of UPnP server when new files are added to existing folders and sub-folders works intermittently for many users [issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - Fix RAID1 "upgrade" when adding a new drive (see topic: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=38321.0). Issue may result from inspecting the HDD format from ffp
  • Bug - Inability to format a HDD if another formatted HDD is already in the DNS-320
  • Bug - Offline files no longer working following upgrade from prior firmware [Issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - PSP Stop button does not work [issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - Windows 7 Sync Center unable to sync files [issue reported by multiple users]

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Bug - Files transferred over SMB display a 0kb file size (issue does not occur for files copied via FTP) [Issue reported by multiple users] [FIXED!]
  • Bug - Copying large files via drag-drop/SMB results in file size of 0kb (FTP and web file server transfers complete without issue) [issue reported by multiple users] [FIXED!]
  • Bug - Unable to resume large file uploads using FTP (Error 553, Users may not upload files) [issue reported by multiple users] [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to modify and view permissions from within the Web Sever [FIXED!]
  • General - Functional 3TB HDD support [FIXED!]
  • General - Improve 2TB HDD support [FIXED!]
  • General - OSX Lion 10.8 Time Machine Support [FIXED!]
  • P2P - Security - When FTP and P2P are concurrently active, FTP directories are available through P2P [FIXED!]
  • P2P - Security - Lock access to P2P folder when mapping networked drives to other users on network [FIXED!]
  • UPnP - Enable file reporting in alphanumeric order [FIXED!]
  • WebDAV - Provide WebDAV availability [FIXED!]

cobeal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #498 on: February 01, 2014, 02:31:07 PM »

Ability to revert back to older firmware.
Ability to secure ftp server to require login not just on or off.
If no revert to older firmware then the ability to tweak the CIFS back to older standard.

I use these devices for several purposes.  One purpose was to circumvent issues that arose when Apple updated CIFS and it was no longer compatible with RICOH scanners. 

The early firmware for the 320 a...a1 model was compatible with RICOH scanner so I could push jobs into the a username/password protected folder on the 320 and the newer Mac osx could reach out and grab the files if the username/password were entered.   

Good solution until it was broken in the latest firmware update.

With the latest firmware that feature broke and as far as I can tell there is no way to revert to an older firmware, there is no way to instruct the device to use the older CIFS so that the Ricoh can push to a password protected folder on the NAS and if substituting FTP as the protocol there is no way to require password protection, so anyone who browses the device with an FTP client has automatic privileges to the FTP folders. 

This pretty much renders this device useless instead of the solution it was originally installed for. 

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2014, 05:30:04 AM »

Ability to revert back to older firmware.
Ability to secure ftp server to require login not just on or off.
If no revert to older firmware then the ability to tweak the CIFS back to older standard.

I use these devices for several purposes.  One purpose was to circumvent issues that arose when Apple updated CIFS and it was no longer compatible with RICOH scanners. 

The early firmware for the 320 a...a1 model was compatible with RICOH scanner so I could push jobs into the a username/password protected folder on the 320 and the newer Mac osx could reach out and grab the files if the username/password were entered.   

Good solution until it was broken in the latest firmware update.

With the latest firmware that feature broke and as far as I can tell there is no way to revert to an older firmware, there is no way to instruct the device to use the older CIFS so that the Ricoh can push to a password protected folder on the NAS and if substituting FTP as the protocol there is no way to require password protection, so anyone who browses the device with an FTP client has automatic privileges to the FTP folders. 

This pretty much renders this device useless instead of the solution it was originally installed for. 

Unfortunately, the decision to preclude rolling back DNS-320 firmware beyond specific versions was an intentional decision on the part of D-Link (to avoid specific issues), and not something D-Link is likely to change.

Other items added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2014, 05:33:16 AM »

The following DNS-320 Firmware Wishlist contains the collective suggestions provided by the DNS-325 D-Link forum community, and may not reflect actual changes to current or future firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320 Wishlist

• General - Include ability to revert to older firmware after upgrading to v2.02b01
  • General - Ability to change the name of the root volumes (e.g. change "Volume_1" to "xyz")
  • General - Ability to maintain audit log containing files opened, viewed, modified by user account and date
  • General - Ability to set DNS-320 as the master browser on the network (e.g. change smb.conf with "local master=yes", preferred master=yes","domain master=yes")
  • General - Ability to set user defined UPS battery charge level to trigger NAS shutdown
  • General - Auto-refresh option for external IP address when "Report external IP in passive mode" is selected
  • General - Add function to compress/uncompress a file or directory in the NAS (without the support of a PC)
  • General - Basic shell access without requiring installation of an add-on (e.g. Fonz Fun_Plug)
  • General - Bonjour support for broadcast and discovery of AFP volume by name (rather than using afp://[IP_ADDRESS]/share)
  • General - Consolidate all applications/services in one location in the Web UI (Rather than listing apps in "Applications" and "Management > Application Management")
  • General - Customizable log, with the option to select/deselect the specific events (from a list) that will be included in the log
  • General - Enable ability for users to independently change their own passwords
  • General - Full SMART and other tests reporting (to anable more thorough diagnostics without moving HDDs to another device for testing)
  • General - Improved UPS support (i.e. increase number of supported models) and integration[/color]
  • General - Improved support for mobile devices (e.g. Android, iPad, iPhone, netbooks etc.), including device-specific friendly web interface
  • General - Integrated file browser (with ability to delete files and directories)
  • General - Option to change the number of items listed per page in File Explorer
  • General - Option for print a report on folder share (read/write/no-access options for any folder)
  • General - Option to receive email with detailed SMART report, rather than simply "The Result Of the Test Is: Pass"
  • General - Option to schedule automatic AVserver file update and only update new files (to minimize refresh time)
  • General - Print server support for advanced printer functionality (e.g. scanner)
  • General - Scheduled Power-on/Power-off similar to the DNS-320 hardware revision B (Referenced post/screen-shot:here
  • General - Support for legacy CIFS standards (to enable support for legacy peripherals)
  • General - Support for multiple volumes (i.e. partitions) mappable network drives in Windows
  • General - Support for second IP address with no gateway/DNS (i.e. separate IP addresses for LAN versus Internet based access)
  • General - Windows 8 IE 10 Support (Desktop and Metro) (i.e. XML errors during torrent submission)
  • General - Wireless LAN/Bluetooth stick support (via USB/USB hub) for wireless NAS connectivity
  • Apps - Ability to automatically install third party applications through the DNS-320 web interface(e.g. Twonkyserver), rather than having to manually install
  • GUI - Control to change the default "Help" setting to "Hide" OR "Show" ("Hide": users must proactively click "?" to open help. "Show": Help is always visible)
  • Backup - Add option in Incremental Backup to remove files in the destination HDDs that are no longer in the Source HDDs
  • Backup - Add option to proivde URL entry in Remote Backup setup (i.e. DDNS address)
  • Backup - Cloud storage support (e.g. Dropbox, ZumoDrive, Spideroak, Tonido, etc.)
  • Backup - Designate USB HDD as the target destination for the integrated "Local Backup" functionality
  • Backup - When creating a new (remote) backup task and the source directory is too large to fit on the destination HDD, add a warning message (rather than aborting the task) and permit the creation of the new backup task
  • DLNA - Improve DLNA server support for streaming media (without relying on add-ons such as TWONKY)
  • FTP - Ability to enforce login requirement for secure FTP server
  • FTP - Ability to upload files via http://FTP (i.e. similar to the download feature)
  • FTP - Add "Incremental Backup" functionality to the FTP download to the "FTP/HTTP Downloads Settings" page
  • FTPl - Remove 15 character length limitation for storing remote FTP server usernames
  • FTP - Improved support for ALLO command (e.g. address "ALLO: 552 Disk full - please upload later" error when uploading large files)
  • Hibernation - Hibernation fails when P2P torrent completes, despite user settings to stop seeding (i.e. P2P continues seeding regardless of user settings and hibernation fails)
  • P2P - Ability to set the number of concurrent downloads (Currently fixed at 10 which is too heavy for some user networks
  • P2P - Ability to save files to a user defined volume/directory on the DNS-320 rather than the default hidden volume. (i.e. Volume 2)
  • P2P - Ability to upload an IP Block List in the torrent client (e.g. Peerblock for Windows)
  • P2P - P2P map not accessible from Volume_1 folder over Samba (results in files copied between logical volumes rather than moved within the same logical volume)
  • P2P - Security - Add option to lock/unlock access to P2P folder when mapping networked drives to other users on network
  • Security - Files moved to the recycle bin are accessible to all users and should only be accessible to users with the appropriate security policies
  • UPnP - Ability for UPnP server to automatically find rnamed/moved folders/files
  • UPnP - Share the ID3 tag track number for audio files (currently on the ID3 tag track name is shared, causing tracks to list alphabetically rather than album order)
  • UPnP - Option to enable access to the P2P folder "complete" within UPnP (i.e. to avoid copying files to another location to obtain access)
  • UPnP - Option to stream media over Internet to mobile devices (e.g. smartphone, tablet)
  • USB - Ability to manage externally attached USB HDDs from the web interface for copying to/from the NAS
  • USB - Ability to set user access permissions for USB attached storage (ability for all users to access USB storage through SMB and FTP creates potential security risk)
  • USB - NTFS support
  • USB - USB Copy function does not retain creation/modification dates for files copied from USB to the DNS-320
  • Web File Server - Add progress bar to "Web File Server" to monitor files between HDDs
  • Bug - Auto-refresh of UPnP server when new files are added to existing folders and sub-folders works intermittently for many users [issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - Fix RAID1 "upgrade" when adding a new drive (see topic: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=38321.0). Issue may result from inspecting the HDD format from ffp
  • Bug - Inability to format a HDD if another formatted HDD is already in the DNS-320
  • Bug - Offline files no longer working following upgrade from prior firmware [Issue reported by multiple users]
  • Bug - Windows 7 Sync Center unable to sync files [issue reported by multiple users]

• Bug - Files transferred over SMB display a 0kb file size (issue does not occur for files copied via FTP) [Issue reported by multiple users] [FIXED!]
  • Bug - Copying large files via drag-drop/SMB results in file size of 0kb (FTP and web file server transfers complete without issue) [issue reported by multiple users] [FIXED!]
  • Bug - Unable to resume large file uploads using FTP (Error 553, Users may not upload files) [issue reported by multiple users] [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to modify and view permissions from within the Web Sever [FIXED!]
  • P2P - Security - When FTP and P2P are concurrently active, FTP directories are available through P2P [FIXED!]
  • P2P - Security - Lock access to P2P folder when mapping networked drives to other users on network [FIXED!]

rexxvaldis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #501 on: February 08, 2014, 05:03:22 PM »

What firmware support these bug fixes in your list?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #502 on: February 08, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »

What firmware support these bug fixes in your list?

Please see the following thread: DNS-320 - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #503 on: February 11, 2014, 12:48:03 PM »

DNS-320 Wishlist

• General - Support for legacy CIFS standards (to enable support for legacy peripherals)
  • USB - NTFS support

rexxvaldis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #504 on: February 15, 2014, 08:10:33 AM »

In your user's Firmware Wishlist complied here..
Is it collated to include both A and B hardware devices?

The bug fixes shown in your list. I suppose are for the 320 HW Rev A model. As you have pointed me to look at the  'DNS-320 - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes' which show updated firmwares from

Firmware: 2.00 - Date: 12/27/2010 - Firmware 2.03 - Date: 09/13/2012...  which I am led to believe from another thread on this site is only for HW Rev A devices...  Is that correct?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #505 on: February 16, 2014, 10:51:58 AM »

In your user's Firmware Wishlist complied here..
Is it collated to include both A and B hardware devices?

The bug fixes shown in your list. I suppose are for the 320 HW Rev A model. As you have pointed me to look at the  'DNS-320 - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes' which show updated firmwares from

Firmware: 2.00 - Date: 12/27/2010 - Firmware 2.03 - Date: 09/13/2012...  which I am led to believe from another thread on this site is only for HW Rev A devices...  Is that correct?

Yes, this firmware wishlist and Cumulative Firmware Release Notes were compiled against comments from the hardware "A" version, as the hardware "B" version was (relatively speaking) only recently released. That said, both hardware versions should ultimately end up having identical functionality. Please see the following thread: DNS ShareCenter - Why Have Multiple Hardware Versions for the Same Model?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #506 on: February 27, 2014, 05:46:43 AM »

DNS-320 Wishlist

• USB - NTFS support

mollerz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #507 on: March 27, 2014, 08:26:47 AM »

When will iSCSI support be available? I just bought 2xDNS-320 never even thought of asking for iSCSI support. All my other NAS-servers support it so I find it a bit strange that D-Link units do not. These two units is quite useless for me without.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #508 on: March 27, 2014, 08:30:10 AM »

When will iSCSI support be available? I just bought 2xDNS-320 never even thought of asking for iSCSI support. All my other NAS-servers support it so I find it a bit strange that D-Link units do not. These two units is quite useless for me without.

iSCSI support is listed here as a feature users have requested. However, there's no guarantee as to whether D-Link will opt to add that to the next firmware release. All I can say is that a firmware v2.04 exists and is undergoing testing, but I have no information on a release date or what changes the firmware contains.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #509 on: March 27, 2014, 08:37:53 AM »

DNS-320 Wishlist

• USB - NTFS support

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35