• April 26, 2024, 06:49:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-950g Black screen on remote access  (Read 3855 times)

wlebear

• Level 1 Member
DCS-950g Black screen on remote access
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:34:52 AM »

My 950g (the dog cam) was working fine all last summer.  Didn't use it for a couple months and now I'm having remote access issue.  IP provider change from Comcast to AT&T U-verse.  Camera works fine on home network wired and wireless.  Remote access (outside of firewall) is the problem.  I enter IP address and I get my ID/password logon screen, log in Ok, screen paints OK, can see D-link banner and control buttons but picture is black.  Using 2wiregateway 3800HGV-B, provided by ATT U-verse.  I think I'm missing something on firewall side.

John

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-950g Black screen on remote access
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »

Verify that the Video ports 5000 and 5001 for the camera are open in the router firewall.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

wlebear

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:06:31 PM »

OK, back to this problem..  The video ports are open on the router and firewall.  Still getting a black screen, but I have full access to the camera settings remotely.  I have played with various setting and get nothing at all or this status discribed above.  I have tried two different (outside my firewall) ISPs and connecting gets the same results. 

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »

Try changing the ports used. Your ISP may be blocking those ports.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream