• March 28, 2024, 01:26:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable to record on motion detection - DCS-2132L on DNR-322L  (Read 13003 times)

tiredcam

Unable to record on motion detection - DCS-2132L on DNR-322L
« on: January 18, 2014, 07:37:45 AM »

I have 3x DCS-2132L with wired connections to a DNR-322L. All have the latest firmware.

I have setup one of the DCS-2132L to record when on motion detect and have tweaked the camera's sensitivity etc. I have also set up the DNR-322L's recording schedule to record on motion detect event.

However, when I go into my playback, I see that the designated camera is recording non-stop. I can't stop the recording in 'Live Video' (the manual says its possible) as the record button is greyed out. Under 'Status', the 'Recording Status' is 'Manual Recording' followed by a '-' followed by 'Recording'. I have reset both the camera and the NVR, connect and disconnected the camera in 'Status' but it is still recording non-stop.

Is there something in the DCS-2132L's settings I missed? I did not configure any of the camera's recording functions in the camera's GUI. I realise my problem is quite minor compared to some of the other users here since the cameras don't disconnect on me and they are all recording like the Duracell bunny (running on and on and on...) but it is annoying as I do not want to sit through a non stop playback of nothing moving, hence the motion detection setup.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Unable to record on motion detection - DCS-2132L on DNR-322L
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:40:23 AM »

Did you recently update to the latest Java version on your PC this month? There seems to be a compatibility issue with the DNR-322L and latest Java version. See related threads:

DNR-322L - Record Button Greyed Out
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

tiredcam

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:29:49 AM »

Did you recently update to the latest Java version on your PC this month? There seems to be a compatibility issue with the DNR-322L and latest Java version. See related threads:

DNR-322L - Record Button Greyed Out

Yes, I am using Java update 51 and have added the IP addresses of the NVR as well as the 3 cameras to my Java's control panel. The record button is still greyed out though.

Unfortunately, I seem to have broke something big time. I restarted the DNR-322L before posting this and now all the cameras are not recording (the NVR's 'Status' page states 'No Recording'). I confirm that there is no feed from any of the cameras in 'Playback' since the restart and the red circle at the top right corner of each camera's live view is no longer there.

I have previously shutdown the different cameras as well as the NVR while doing the hardware setup in different orders, restarted them and hooked them up again without this happening. Not sure now where the problem lies. I have reverted to all the default record schedules but nothing is recording.

*UPDATE:
I cleared all the cameras off the list of the NVR and it automatically ran the camera search wizard. I had switched off all the cameras except for 1 to do troubleshooting. The NVR found that camera and resumed manual recording so at least I have my recording back :D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:06:52 AM by tiredcam »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:07:15 PM »

I escalated this issue to D-Link and they replied with the following recommendation:

There may be a Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package issue. Try uninstalling the C++ package reboot and run the installation again to see if it would fix the issue with the button not displaying.

Please post back and let us know if this helps.  ;)

Creete

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 06:31:01 AM »

Hi all!
I just hanged up the phone with Dlink support here in Sweden. They told me that they know about the record problem and record button error and a new fix/firmware will come out at the end of february.

A tip the guy told me was to try Explorer 9 or 10 until fix.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 07:01:29 AM »

Hi all!
I just hanged up the phone with Dlink support here in Sweden. They told me that they know about the record problem and record button error and a new fix/firmware will come out at the end of february.

A tip the guy told me was to try Explorer 9 or 10 until fix.

Thanks for sharing.  ;)

Creete

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 10:03:18 AM »

I have now tested running IE 10 and I got it working. The only thing that still are a problem is the record button. All other recordings works.

Tip: Your browser will shutdown ones you have log on but just refresh or wait until IE do it itself (and log on again). Then you can go to Playback to see recordnings or Setup to do your settings.

Thanks for a great forum!  :D

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »

. . . and thank you for contributing your solution.  ;)

wingsfan87

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 01:43:36 PM »

I have 3x DCS-2132L with wired connections to a DNR-322L. All have the latest firmware.

I have setup one of the DCS-2132L to record when on motion detect and have tweaked the camera's sensitivity etc. I have also set up the DNR-322L's recording schedule to record on motion detect event.

However, when I go into my playback, I see that the designated camera is recording non-stop. I can't stop the recording in 'Live Video' (the manual says its possible) as the record button is greyed out. Under 'Status', the 'Recording Status' is 'Manual Recording' followed by a '-' followed by 'Recording'. I have reset both the camera and the NVR, connect and disconnected the camera in 'Status' but it is still recording non-stop.

Is there something in the DCS-2132L's settings I missed? I did not configure any of the camera's recording functions in the camera's GUI. I realise my problem is quite minor compared to some of the other users here since the cameras don't disconnect on me and they are all recording like the Duracell bunny (running on and on and on...) but it is annoying as I do not want to sit through a non stop playback of nothing moving, hence the motion detection setup.

This still is unresolved. I sent them a ticket but no response.

Background: 5 supported DLINK cameras with latest firmware. Also DNR has latest firmware updated. I set motion to be enabled before connecting to DNR. Connected all 5 cameras to DNR. Set the Recording for each camera for On Event for Motion only from 00 - 24 hours.

Problem: Cameras are recording all the time not just on events. I look at the playback and its a solid red line for recording all the time. Even though there is no motion. When you go to Live view there is no option to disable recording. The button is greyed out even though everything else works.

DLINK have you thought of fix yet? The DNR-202L works great with the motion only but only for 4 cameras and only has external USB 2.0 HD which is super slow for loading video. I have 5 soon to be 8 but I wanted this part to work right. This DNR is supposed to work with 9 cameras yet this motion detection feature does not.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »

Did you get this resolved with newer FW?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

tiredcam

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 07:32:38 PM »

Sorry I neglected to update this thread. My problem eventually fixed itself but unfortunately I cannot recall if there was any one specific thing I tried to make recording button usable again. I was then battling the hang issue (which had to do with firmware clash when the 322L is fitted with HDDs over a certain size) which was more urgent.

I do recall that it had something to do with one of the past Java updates as I already had all the standard fixes in e.g. putting the IP adds of my cams and the 322L in Java's and IE's trusted list. As of now, I am running Win10 64bit and using IE11 (yes, Win10 natively has IE11 since we cannot use Edge but it is hidden from general use) and I just tested the record button and I could see the cams in Liveview changing from the red 'Recording' light to a blue one which indicates the cam is waiting for an event.

Do note that my cams are DCS-2132L as different cams may have different issues with the 322L.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Unable to record on motion detection - DCS-2132L on DNR-322L (RESOLVED)
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 07:02:31 AM »

Glad it's working now. Yes we've seen issues with Java and there updates breaking things. Yes, please use the Java exceptions list for your cameras and mydlink.com services.

Enjoy.  ;)
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.