• March 28, 2024, 06:07:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Firmware 2.00  (Read 14357 times)

butlercj

• Level 1 Member
Firmware 2.00
« on: December 27, 2013, 06:27:50 PM »

Firmware 2.00 Dated 10/15/13 was made available on the product support page on 12/26/13.  The most visible change that I can see is java apps to view live video and playback.

http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DNR-322L

Charlie

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Firmware 2.00
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 07:07:36 AM »

D-Link published DNR-322L firmware version 2.00b07, available for download here: DNR-322L - Firmware v2.00b07.

Please post your comments and observations related to this firmware version here: DNR-322L - Firmware v2.00b07 Comments & Observations
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

arlomiller

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 06:45:03 AM »

Firmware 2.0 seems to have broken my DNR-322.  Liveview, playback and recording no longer function.  I suspect that java is the culprit for the liveview an playback issues.  I've tested this with Windows 7 IE and Firefox and OSX Firefox and Safari and none of them work. 

I've been trying to replace the firmware with 1.4, which was working better, but it just times out. 

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 06:52:06 AM »

Lost "Live View" after updating to Java Version 7 Update 51

The following procedure can be used to adjust the Java security exceptions in Windows after updating to the latest Java version.

• Open the Start Menu on the bottom left of the Windows Task Bar
  • Expand All Programs and navigate to the Java folder
  • Open Configure Java inside the Java folder
  • The Java Control Panel will open in a new window
  • Select the Security tab
  • Press the Edit Site List button
  • Press the Add button and enter the D-Link Cloud camera URL or IP address
  • Press OK (Edit Site List window will close)
  • Press OK (Java Control Panel window will close)

Note: Selecting Java from the Windows Control Panel may not provide access to the Edit Site List option on all PCs. The above navigation path must be used to access these settings.

mikelogic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 12:57:36 AM »

Firmware 2.0 seems to have broken my DNR-322.  Liveview, playback and recording no longer function.  I suspect that java is the culprit for the liveview an playback issues.  I've tested this with Windows 7 IE and Firefox and OSX Firefox and Safari and none of them work. 

I've been trying to replace the firmware with 1.4, which was working better, but it just times out. 

Same problem here. I´ve adjusted Java and now i can see the live view videos, but my RECORD BUTTON is greyed out and i can`t record anymore. I´ve tested several browsers. Please help.

smedev

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware 2.00 download issue
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 01:39:33 AM »

Firmware update for DNR-322L:

Hi.
The only file I get when i try to update my firmware is I get a download of the same webpage from where the update file should come.

I start the procedure from inside the 322L status page.
I believe the actual update file should be a .bin file, but where does it reside ?

Please help

Steen denmark

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Firmware 2.00 download issue
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »

Firmware update for DNR-322L:

Hi.
The only file I get when i try to update my firmware is I get a download of the same webpage from where the update file should come.

I start the procedure from inside the 322L status page.
I believe the actual update file should be a .bin file, but where does it reside ?

Please help

Steen denmark

You can download the latest firmware here: Firmware

smedev

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 04:17:00 AM »

Thank you for your answer.

I ran an update .bin file dated 06/19/2013 . The units firmware version show still 1.40 19/12/2012 as before, but the log shows an update and an restart has taken place. How do i see what firmware version is actually running in my unit ?  ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 04:34:23 AM »

Did you use the file posted on this link? DNR-322L - Firmware v2.00b07

smedev

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 08:26:09 AM »

I end up on ftp.dlink. eu  where the zip file DNR-322L_fw_revALL_1-20b4_all_...zip is. Inside this zip file I find my .bin file.

The procedure seems rather difficult. Do you have a step-by-step procedure for making a correct update for my DNR-322L. It is important that I can see the update actually is done.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »

I end up on ftp.dlink. eu  where the zip file DNR-322L_fw_revALL_1-20b4_all_...zip is. Inside this zip file I find my .bin file.

The procedure seems rather difficult. Do you have a step-by-step procedure for making a correct update for my DNR-322L. It is important that I can see the update actually is done.

• Download this file to your local PC: DNR-322L - Firmware v2.00b07
  • Unzip the file
  • From the web UI select the unzipped file and press Apply

smedev

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 09:12:26 AM »

Hi
When I download from the site you pointed to, I get only a Explorer window. Maybe my procedure is wrong. I use a pc with Explorer and use the built in secure download. It forces unzip to work when i open the file.
What setup should I use to have control over the download and the unzip situation ?

Thank you

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 09:40:55 AM »

Hi
When I download from the site you pointed to, I get only a Explorer window. Maybe my procedure is wrong. I use a pc with Explorer and use the built in secure download. It forces unzip to work when i open the file.
What setup should I use to have control over the download and the unzip situation ?

Thank you

When the file starts downloading, choose Save As and select a download location on your local PC. After the file download is complete, open the file and extract the contents.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »

Same problem here. I´ve adjusted Java and now i can see the live view videos, but my RECORD BUTTON is greyed out and i can`t record anymore. I´ve tested several browsers. Please help.

I escalated this issue to D-Link and they replied with the following recommendation:

There may be a Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package issue. Try uninstalling the C++ package reboot and run the installation again to see if it would fix the issue with the button not displaying.

Please post back and let us know if this helps.  ;)

arlomiller

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 09:03:06 PM »

Have not yet tested the live and playback on a pc, but I have been able to get it working on mac by editing the security settings.

My DNR-322 still is pretty useless though.  I have not been able to get it to actually record.  It is connected to the camera.  It is set to always record, but nothing ever records.  ultimately i'd like to only record during certain hours based on motion, but for now i'm setting the bar really low, apparently not low enough for this thing.  I've sent in another ticket to Dlink to see if they can help, but I think i'm going to look at QNAP hardware next.  Right now, I'd rate the DNR-322 as somewhere between Big POS and turd. 
Pages: [1] 2