• March 28, 2024, 01:18:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-601 was on XP Computer - Now on New Windows 7 Computer - problem  (Read 4121 times)

rockbottombill

• Level 1 Member

My DIR-601 was originally installed on my old computer with Windows XP.  I just bought a new computer with Windows 7.  I unplugged the DIR-601 from the Old computer and plugged it into the new Windows 7 computer.  Internet works on the computer but when my son tries to access the network with his new I Touch, the DIR-601 log in come up on his screen and when he enters the password it does not connect.

Is this because I should have installed the DIR-601 with the set up disk?  I tried to do so and the procedure blocked when I plugged in the power to the DIR-601 after plugged in the Ethernet cable from the computer to the DIR-601.

I do not know how to fix this problem?  Any suggestions.

jessecar96

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-601 was on XP Computer - Now on New Windows 7 Computer - problem
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 07:46:14 PM »

Try to re-setup the wifi.

Go into your router click setup on top, click Wireless Settings on the side, click Wireless Network Setup Wizard and follow the wizard.  That might work.

rockbottombill

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-601 was on XP Computer - Now on New Windows 7 Computer - problem
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »

I finally phoned the tech support and after about 45 minutes of do this, do that, everything is working.  Thanks for your response.