The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-810L

nothing works

(1/3) > >>

Blimk:
I feel like I'm a gigantic idiot for not being able to let this new DIR-810L go to work. I can't set it up.
I tried the QRS mobile on my iphone and it's asking my password. I type in the password from the label on the device and it keeps on telling me that it is incorrect.
Then i tried it the old fashion way : with a lan cable and following the procedure on : http://www.dlink.com/be/nl/support/faq/routers/mydlink-routers/dir-810l/how-do-i-set-up-and-install-my-router
Where it asks to power down my modem and router before entering the cable from modem to router ( I made a cross-over cable, right? Not a straight) and the one from my router to  my laptop.

I power up the modem, wait two minutes (until my laptop sees internetconnection) and then powerup my modem. I wait a while and go to http://192.168.0.1
where it asks me to enter a bl@@d§ password. The procedure on that weblink I just gave does not mention any password entering...So... I enter various things going from 'Admin' to 'admin' to nothing at all , and I tried the password of my router. Every time I have the wrong password. What am I even trying... I' m shure the solution will be easy but I have no clue! I'm really getting frustrated right now...

please help?

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?
Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
The default admin pw is nothing, just blank. You should be able to log in usng a wired LAN PC and set up the router using the set up wizard or manually make settings.
Router Troubleshooting Suggestions and Tips

Blimk:
H/W ver B1 
F/W ver 2.00(found on the sticker also)
Region? I'm from Belgium...

ISP service here is 'telenet' they use coax cable.
ISP modem mfr and modem#  :   not sure, i'm gonna write everything down what I see

cbn (mfr)
MAC ID : DC:53 7C:33:47:26
wireless modem 3.0 (docsis)
technology : eurodocsis 3.0

FurryNutz:
Let us know if a wired LAN pc can connect to 192.168.0.1 and access using the admin with blank PW.

Blimk:
I connected my router trough a selfmade crossover LANcable with my modem , so I probably can't use this cable to connect my pc with my modem, right? Is this to be a straight LANcable?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version