• April 28, 2024, 03:03:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Customer satisfaction with DNS-323  (Read 5374 times)

mirceani

• Level 2 Member
Customer satisfaction with DNS-323
« on: February 27, 2008, 01:16:55 PM »

Are you satisfied with your DNS-323 ?

chuckv

• Level 2 Member
Re: Customer satisfaction with DNS-323
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »

i voted yes just due to it does exactly what it was meant to do, eg, NAS .. with some additional features.. nothing fancy, it just works for its designed purpouse

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 07:06:08 AM »

I vote "partialy" because, it hold data (as it suppose to do), it have 2 swapable drive, it's easy to configure...
but...
- no tracking when download schedule between Drive_1 and Drive_2 occure (no way to verify if something goes wrong.. and YES, sometime it goes wrong when sudenly lockdown file appear)
- Print problems (lot of people have it).. the only way i manage to fix everything was to re-install Windows (after upgrade firmware). Revert firmware to old version fix the issue.

But for now, my print issue are solve. The only reason why i will try to update to V1.05 (or more) in the feature, it's if the "sudently" lockdown are fix, and the Screduler issue ...

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »

Isn't it obvious, that if you can fix a print problem by reinstalling Windows, the problem lies with Windows?
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

FastM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 04:42:50 PM »

Great Looking case but i dont understand why there isn't anything to hold the drive in place better (when installed with the faceplate on they can still rock side to side). Also, suprises me the faceplate cant secure closed. Would only take 1 tiny screw...

Aisde from the limited user rights ailities, it does what its supposed to do for a good price.

iampedro

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 07:08:38 AM »

partially because I would like to have more features such as having my xbox 360 capable of seeing the device.