• May 12, 2024, 12:18:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Slow internet  (Read 8242 times)

LiberumSerum

• Level 1 Member
Slow internet
« on: March 20, 2010, 04:25:45 AM »

I quite recently picked up a D-Link DWA-125 USB adapter for my desktop because I'm renting a basement suite and the landlord is offering access to his wireless network. I was running the Retail Candidate for Windows 7 and everything was splendid.

Unfortunately my RC version of 7 expired and I had to revert to Vista due to tight funds.

A couple of days after going back to Vista my download and page viewing speeds have become atrocious. For comparison sake, running Windows 7 I had been downloading some files at about 300-900.00 kb/s and now back on Vista I peek at about 15.00 kb/s. My roomate and landlord both say that since I've switched to Vista their internet was been running slowly as well while I'm online.

I may have found a solution (http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/582344-solved-slow-internet-connection-vista-3.html ) in which they state rolling back their drivers solved identical problems. I'd like to test this out, but I cannot find older driver to install over the newer ones.

If anyone can help me by recommending a different fix, or where to find older drivers it would be greatly appreciated.

haifa

• Level 1 Member
Re: Slow internet
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:21:50 AM »

Follow the following steps to increase the speed

1. Go to Start-> Run-> and type gpedit.msc
2. Expand the Administrative Templates branch
3. Expand the Network tab
4. Highlight QoS Packet Scheduler
5. Click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and check the enabled box
6. Then Change the Bandwidth limit % to 0 %

After that check the speed here http://www.ip-details.com/