• April 19, 2024, 05:47:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: UPnP and music tagging  (Read 2981 times)

afilep

UPnP and music tagging
« on: November 24, 2011, 03:49:57 AM »

I am having trouble using UPnP with lossless music formats. I tried WMA lossless as well as WAV. As far as I know, DNS-343 supports both of these formats. The issue is that music is not categorised properly based on tags and so when browsing from a DLNA client albums are shown as 'Others'. The same applies to artist tags. Note that everything works fine for MP3. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a known issue in reading tags from these formats? I am using 1.04 firmware. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:44:15 AM by afilep »

afilep

Re: UPnP and music tagging
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 03:29:34 AM »

I followed up this issue with D-Link support. The response was that DNS-343 only supports ID3 tags in MP3 files. So if you are hoping to use DNS-343 for streaming audio via UPnP in any other format you are pretty much out of luck. Well, you can still stream but you can't browse your library properly, which essentially makes the whole thing useless. So I really don't see how D-LINK can say that the device supports any other format than MP3.