• April 23, 2024, 06:59:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: software update will make my 932l useless for 3 months (Solved)  (Read 11913 times)

robert-e

• Level 2 Member
Re: software update will make my 932l useless for 3 months (Solved)
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »

I have been doing a bit of poking around for alternative IP Cameras.  It seems that the TV-IP600/W Wireless Network camera almost will fit the bill of requirements.  The only downside as far as I can see, is that it is not infrared able.  I think that could be worked-around by installing one of the newer bright white LED strips.  These work from a nominal 12 volt supply (I use one in my 5th wheel trailer as a reading light).  

I will do a bit more research on the reliabily of this device, and will report my findings here.  I would be interested in forum member's experiences with this and other cameras, as I don't wish to repeat my recent experiences.  I really do wish that Dlink were not so arbitrary, and that I could continue to rely on them.  Whatever...it is what it is.

Regards,
Bob
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:42:07 PM by robert-e »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: software update will make my 932l useless for 3 months
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 05:07:38 AM »

Thanks for your candidness. Please keep us posted on what you find.

To D-Link's credit, the mydlink service has not been around all that long and has matured and stabilized substantially over the past year, as have subsequent Cloud camera models and new firmware for existing models.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:13:03 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

robert-e

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 05:19:56 PM »

I have found a workaround: If I log onto mydlink.com, type in my username and password, wait until the "logging onto the camera" ( or somesuch) page, and then VERY QUICKLY, click on the SETUP tab.  It will take you to the setup page where you can scroll down and log into the camera.  In that page, the camera image shows (at least on mine).  I can thus keep monitoring the temp. on my furnace.  Hopefully, dlink will not attempt to "fix" this workaround, at least until I can get back home to download the new firmware.

I imagine this might not work too well for those with a very fast internet connection; mine is slow.

Regards,
Bob

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 04:58:01 AM »

That's great news, at least under your present circumstances. Hopefully a new firmware update will sort out this issue once and for all, and mydlink is thankfully getting easier to use and has a more persistent and stable connection with each passing day.

robert-e

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 12:40:50 PM »

Now I am really puzzled:  Last night I logged onto the camera via the dlink site, and went to the setup/advanced setup, and low and behold, the software version is now 1.07.  The last time before that it was still reported as 1.06.  I did not attempt to update the software during this time.  So I logged out of mydlink.com, and then logged back in; and sure enough, I was able to view the camera's live image (without the software update warning).  Not sure what all happened there, but the bottom line is that things are now back to normal, and this thread can be marked as Solved.  Thanks.

Best regards,
Bob

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 12:45:42 PM »

It looks like your earlier firmware upload attempt took hold and for some reasons those changes weren't immediately reflected in what mydlink was reporting.

???  :-\  ???

I'm glad everything worked itself out . . . regardless of how that happened. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]