• April 16, 2024, 04:03:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firefox and Chrome do not work for remote viewing - Ineternet Explorer is OK.  (Read 12132 times)

Nick-NYM

• Level 1 Member

Hello,

I have a DCS-933L camera and remote viewing using D-Link.com works with no problems with IE8.

However, it does not work with Firefox 24 or Chrome 33 - there is just a blank screen displayed with no picture.

Also, when viewing locally using the cameras IP address there are no problems with IE8.

With Firefox and Chrome a picture is only displayed when selecting MJPEG mode. Selecting H.264 results in a blank display with the incorrect date/time show, ie the default date and time is shown.

There is a prompt to run the Java vplug application which I do, but to no avail.

When in local mode IE8 prompts to run Java aplug application in MJPEG mode, but there is no prompt when selecting H.264 mode which works fine in IE8.

Somehow I believe these two issues are related somehow.

Does anyone know hos to solve these two problems ?

Regards,

Nick.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

The Cloud cameras are not fully compatible with all browser types/versions. Here are two relevant threads:

Network Cameras - IE11 Not Fully Compatible with All Camera Functionality
Network Cameras - Lost "Live View" After Installing Java Version 7 Update 51

Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Nick-NYM

• Level 1 Member

I have the latest version of Java that has been configured as required to get it working on IE8, so I don't think that is the problem.

Are you saying that the camera video can not be viewed remotely using Firefox or Chrome on the D-Link web site ?

Is anyone out there able to use the D-Link web site to view their cameras using Firefox or Chrome ?

The manual for the camera says the requirements are IE7 or higher, Firefox 12 or higher, or Chrome 20 or higher which I have.

Can the cameras video be viewed on the D-Link website by anyone out there using Firefox or Chrome - if so I must have some settings somewhere incorrect...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

I have the latest version of Java that has been configured as required to get it working on IE8, so I don't think that is the problem.

Are you saying that the camera video can not be viewed remotely using Firefox or Chrome on the D-Link web site ?

Is anyone out there able to use the D-Link web site to view their cameras using Firefox or Chrome ?

The manual for the camera says the requirements are IE7 or higher, Firefox 12 or higher, or Chrome 20 or higher which I have.

Can the cameras video be viewed on the D-Link website by anyone out there using Firefox or Chrome - if so I must have some settings somewhere incorrect...

I can successfully watch live video using the H.264 codec via the web UI on a DCS-931L (same as DCS-933L except no night mode) and DCS-5020L.

Nick-NYM

• Level 1 Member

I assume you are referring to local access via the cameras IP address. I can use the H.265 codec in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox or Chrome.

What browser are you using ?

Basically, there are two questions that need answering:-

1. Can Firefox or Chrome be used to view the cameras video in D-Link cloud web site ?

2. Can the H.264 codec be used for local viewing using Firefox or Chrome ?

If anyone can say YES to the above questions can they post the settings and/or plugins that are required to obtain this.

Regarding the statement "The Cloud cameras are not fully compatible with all browser types/versions." can you say which browsers are compartable and which are not. A clear statement here would help.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

I assume you are referring to local access via the cameras IP address. I can use the H.265 codec in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox or Chrome.

What browser are you using ?

H.264 and MJPEG live feeds both work for me under Firefox 27.x and IE10 under Windows 7 via local access and mydlink (i.e. "Yes" to both of your questions)

If you are using Firefox, you will have to make adjustments to the Java settings as described here Network Cameras - Lost "Live View" After Installing Java Version 7 Update 51. Additionally, when you enter the live view in Firefox, you will see a security warning icon flashing to the immediate left of the Firefox URL address bar. Select "Allow and Remember" for all warnings.

As far as my statement regarding browser compatibility, part of that statement is qualified via the IE11 link I posted earlier. Adding to that post, some functionality, such as uploading firmware is known to not always work particularly well with Chrome/Firefox and should be performed using IE10 or earlier. There is no definitive matrix available that maps functionality against browser, version, and D-Link camera model.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:06:50 PM by JavaLawyer »

Nick-NYM

• Level 1 Member

Java has been configured as described above - it had to be to get a number of the functions, such as motion detect and sound detect working in Internet Explorer.

I have tried to use Firefox in a notebook as well as thje main PC, and still have the same issues, ie no video display in the D-Link cloud web site and no video when using H.264 in local mode.

I would be interested to hear the views of other users out there.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Since this issue is also impacting your live view through the web UI locally, I recommend also posting this issues on the DCS-933L board (to increase visibility) with a reference linking back to this thread.