• April 16, 2024, 05:39:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-2553 Setup and Configuration Question  (Read 5147 times)

Eerazor

• Level 1 Member
DAP-2553 Setup and Configuration Question
« on: June 15, 2011, 05:41:52 AM »

I have a question concerning the setup of the DAP-2553. Basically I want to provide an Access Point for Wireless devices. The idea is that the Wireless Devices get their own IP (Provided by the AP DHCP) and they connect to an IP directly inside the network which is a firewall hole that leads outside.

The wireless devices are not supposed to see the company network, but have internet access available. Giving the DAP-2553 an IP (eg. 192.168.1.50) and having my firewall as gateway (192.168.1.1) causes my firewall to see the AP. Wireless devices are to be connected through the DHCP starting from 192.168.20.1).

Wireless devices can connect to the AP, but Internet is not available. Setting the Gateway to 192.168.1.50 does not help, nor does setting the gateway to 192.168.1.1.

Does the device support internal routing from its DHCP NET to its own IP? If not what options are there? Is this device suited for what I want? Finding an AP with that said funktion is an absolute nightmare because some pages say it is a router/repeater/ap and others say it is not. Any quick help would be greatly appriciated.