• April 15, 2024, 10:00:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2540B Static Routes?  (Read 2265 times)

rljames

• Level 1 Member
2540B Static Routes?
« on: April 10, 2013, 10:49:15 AM »

This issue involves a D-Link 2540B - 4 LAN port ADSL modem (IP at 192.168.1.2) on which I've configured two independent networks. The first interface is bridged DSL and serves only modem LAN port 1 which connects to a wireless router WAN port. The second interface is configured as PPPoE serving modem LAN ports 2, 3 and 4 - Each connecting wired devices. DHCP is modem managed ON for the second network with a 192.168.1.241 to 192.168.1.254 range.

Both networks work fine but independent of one another. And I believe this is as intended by D-Link for their "Port Mapping" feature which I used to setup the two networks. Taking this two network approach allowed me to fully use all LAN ports of the modem and still provide a bridged connection to the wireless router.

Wireless router details; IP at 192.168.1.1, DHCP ON for 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.240 range. Some devices hosted by router have static IPs, eg Printer is fixed at 192.168.1.102, NAS is at 192.168.1.103, etc.

So the question is;
Anyone know how to create a "Static Route" that would allow me to link the two networks?
For instance, I would like a wired client on modem LAN port 3 to be able to access the router side Printer or NAS.

(And please don't just suggest D-Link technical support. I've repeatedly tried to contact them without success or, when I do eventually get through, good answers. The poor quality of D-LInk phone help is only surpassed by their documentation. I'll try submitting this post via eMail to D-Link but my confidence is low since I couldn't get good answers from them via this mechanism for simple questions...)

Thanks,
Bob