• March 28, 2024, 01:07:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist  (Read 181891 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2013, 05:45:59 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest software update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest release, please post and I'll update!

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• General - Ability for the app to run in the background to perform other tasks
  • Security - Add passcode lock
  • Security - Add "Remember Password" feature for iOS
  • Support - DCS-2332L- App takes approximately 1 minute to appear after firmware v1.01.03 update
  • Support - DCS-5222L - Option to move camera to preset positions[/color]
  • Support - DCS-5222L - Playback options
  • Option to disable events (i.e. motion detection, etc)
  • Ability to access and modify camera settings
  • Add control to manually set the digital output port state (available on the web UI)
  • Ability for the app to save multiple account settings (i.e. multiple username/password settings)
  • Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Ability to remote reboot linked cameras
  • Ability to select video profile (i.e. 1, 2,3, or 4 )
  • Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)
  • Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • Pan/Tilt - Smooth panning through dragging camera
  • Support Retina iPad display
  • Video - H.264 support for H.264 enabled Cloud cameras
  • When viewing a live feed (from DCS522L/7010L) display the state of the digital input line
  • [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App sets the snapshoot trigger to "Always" and dissables SD Recording (observed with DCS-942L)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• App does not properly fit iPhone 5 screen size [FIXED!]
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen) [FIXED!]
  • Add ability to adjust Night Mode (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface [FIXED!]
  • mydlink Lite - Include audio playback capability [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 08:27:45 AM »

Video - H.264 support for H.264 enabled Cloud cameras  <---- I am seeing H.264 on DCS-6010L and not MJPG

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 09:55:57 AM »

Wasn't this noted on  mydlink.com.
Known issue.

Video - H.264 support for H.264 enabled Cloud cameras  <---- I am seeing H.264 on DCS-6010L and not MJPG

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 10:31:42 PM »

Wasn't this noted on  mydlink.com.
Known issue.

not really sure how mydlink choose H.264

On my 942L, the 240p can be on H.264.
However, when I select 480p, it is always MJPG.  No matter how I tweak the settings admin page, the 480p will always show MJPG.

The 6010L always show H.264 even in either 240p or 480p. It might be due to firmware that locks the video profile3.

So maybe the correct feature request should be:
--Video - H.264 support for some H.264 enabled Cloud cameras

Anyway, here's another WISHLIST for mydlink lite
-- Ability to select JPEG with manual refresh button instead of 240/480.  (Reason, sometimes the mobile 3G connection is very very slow and the 240p is useless.
-- Support - DCS-6010L - Use either user defined video profile1 or 2.  The mydlink app is locked to video profile3 with H.264 512kpbs settings.

thanks

KaptenKamera

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 11:56:46 AM »

- Enable / disable motion detection on all cameras in the network with a single touch of a button.

- An alarm sounds that start on the phone when one or more camera detects motion. In order to be able to use the system as a safety system during sleep.

I have four D-link DCS-942L and use it on the iphone lite applikation.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2013, 08:41:54 PM »

- Enable / disable motion detection on all cameras in the network with a single touch of a button.

- An alarm sounds that start on the phone when one or more camera detects motion. In order to be able to use the system as a safety system during sleep.

Unlikely.

Set your motion detection to email your phone's email address which will end up as a text message to your phone.  Or enable a special email address on your phone to notify you of emails.  Enjoy the false alarms at 2am.

AAR, there are too many false alarms with motion detection... You are better off with an alarm system.

daewootech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »

what about something along the line of a in phone based motion detection, similar to the dview app on windows, my wife and i use this often on our laptop when the baby is asleep upstairs we setup the camera on the baby with motion even triggering a beep from the computer, so that when the baby moves it will beep and we can check on her, this would be nice feature to have on phone/ipad so that we can just put that on and not have to have the laptop wasting power as well having to lug it around with us. just a simple even motion trigger, doesnt even need to be too advanced, however zones would be nice, i know i could setup in camera just to email me, but sometimes those emails are not very quick to arrive and for events such as watching the baby its nice to have right there.

Unlikely.

Set your motion detection to email your phone's email address which will end up as a text message to your phone.  Or enable a special email address on your phone to notify you of emails.  Enjoy the false alarms at 2am.

AAR, there are too many false alarms with motion detection... You are better off with an alarm system.

daewootech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2013, 02:05:37 PM »

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• Support - DCS-2332L- App takes approximately 1 minute to appear after firmware v1.01.03 update
  • Add control to manually set the digital output port state (available on the web UI)
  • Ability for the app to save multiple account settings (i.e. multiple username/password settings)
  • Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • When viewing a live feed (from DCS522L/7010L) display the state of the digital input line
  • [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App sets the snapshoot trigger to "Always" and dissables SD Recording (observed with DCS-942L)

• Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen) [FIXED!]
  • Add ability to adjust Night Mode (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface [FIXED!]

"Option to disable events (i.e. motion detection, etc)" i believe i saw this option in the andriod app the last time i used it, ill have to double check whether it was the lite or the plus that i was using at the time.

Heres my list for the iphone
1. why is there no mydlink+ for iphone? it has high enough resolution that i would be totaly satisfied to have multiview, even if its only 2 cams at a time, the iphone 5+ should have more than enough power if i was doing it on my old EVO, Galaxy and assorted tablets.
2. Guest Access, sometimes my mother in law watches the baby, it would be nice to let her use her devices to watch the baby while she naps, instead of having to leave her our devices.
3. Selective guest access per camera: in addition to this above, i woudnt mind letting my mother in law or anyone else use our main login for mylink app but the problem is that i have cameras throughout the house and i would prefer that she doesnt have access to our main bedroom camera for example.
3. Timed Guest access: another addition to wish #2 would be the option of timed guest access, so that lets say i have a someone house sit or pet sit while we are away, i wouldnt mind them having access to our cameras for a limited amount of time, but once we get home i would like that access to expire or be revokable
4. Light notification on/off option: when i access the cameras through LAN, computer, or android the cameras LED flashes, when i access through ipod or iphone the LED doesnt flash, it would be nice to have control over this, to enable or even disable altogether the LED through the app, for example the front door i have the camera behind the window in the door, but the LED reflects back onto the camera, so being able to turn this off is helpfull.

Cam_Sham

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2013, 11:30:54 AM »

V3.12 partially fixed [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App sets the snapshot trigger to "Always" but the SD recording still gets disabled. ::)

honestabe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest software update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest release, please post and I'll update!

mydlink Lite Wishlist

What's the progress on those other features? // what are you guys working on for the next update?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2013, 07:31:36 AM »

What's the progress on those other features? // what are you guys working on for the next update?

This is a "wishlist" maintained by the end-user community and does not necessarily reflect functionality in upcoming releases. I can say that D-Link does visit this forum and views the wishlists for various products, so our contributions do ultimately have an impact on current and future products.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2013, 08:04:24 AM »

. . . So maybe the correct feature request should be:
--Video - H.264 support for some H.264 enabled Cloud cameras

Anyway, here's another WISHLIST for mydlink lite
-- Ability to select JPEG with manual refresh button instead of 240/480.  (Reason, sometimes the mobile 3G connection is very very slow and the 240p is useless.
-- Support - DCS-6010L - Use either user defined video profile1 or 2.  The mydlink app is locked to video profile3 with H.264 512kpbs settings.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2013, 08:04:46 AM »

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2013, 08:05:05 AM »

what about something along the line of a in phone based motion detection, similar to the dview app on windows, my wife and i use this often on our laptop when the baby is asleep upstairs we setup the camera on the baby with motion even triggering a beep from the computer, so that when the baby moves it will beep and we can check on her, this would be nice feature to have on phone/ipad so that we can just put that on and not have to have the laptop wasting power as well having to lug it around with us. just a simple even motion trigger, doesnt even need to be too advanced, however zones would be nice, i know i could setup in camera just to email me, but sometimes those emails are not very quick to arrive and for events such as watching the baby its nice to have right there.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2013, 08:06:48 AM »

"Option to disable events (i.e. motion detection, etc)" i believe i saw this option in the andriod app the last time i used it, ill have to double check whether it was the lite or the plus that i was using at the time.

Heres my list for the iphone
1. why is there no mydlink+ for iphone? it has high enough resolution that i would be totaly satisfied to have multiview, even if its only 2 cams at a time, the iphone 5+ should have more than enough power if i was doing it on my old EVO, Galaxy and assorted tablets.
2. Guest Access, sometimes my mother in law watches the baby, it would be nice to let her use her devices to watch the baby while she naps, instead of having to leave her our devices.
3. Selective guest access per camera: in addition to this above, i woudnt mind letting my mother in law or anyone else use our main login for mylink app but the problem is that i have cameras throughout the house and i would prefer that she doesnt have access to our main bedroom camera for example.
4. Timed Guest access: another addition to wish #2 would be the option of timed guest access, so that lets say i have a someone house sit or pet sit while we are away, i wouldnt mind them having access to our cameras for a limited amount of time, but once we get home i would like that access to expire or be revokable
5. Light notification on/off option: when i access the cameras through LAN, computer, or android the cameras LED flashes, when i access through ipod or iphone the LED doesnt flash, it would be nice to have control over this, to enable or even disable altogether the LED through the app, for example the front door i have the camera behind the window in the door, but the LED reflects back onto the camera, so being able to turn this off is helpfull.

Items 1-4 should be noted in the mydlink.com board, as the mydlink.com service drives the account management and creation.
Item 5 seems to be something that would need to be addressed at either the Cloud camera firmware level or mydlink.com service
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7