• April 24, 2024, 03:51:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Configure Network Storage Server  (Read 4415 times)

captchris801

• Level 1 Member
Configure Network Storage Server
« on: August 14, 2014, 02:27:26 PM »

I'm trying to store motion detected video on a hard disk connected to my Apple Airport Time Capsule. Cannot get it to work. Setup is asking for 1. Network storage location, 2. Workgroup, 3. User name, 4. Password, and 5. Primary WINS server. I know the password for my Airport Time Capsule but I don't know the rest. Any ideas? The Airport Time Capsule is connected to the same wireless network as the camera. Thanks.

BeachDuc

• Level 1 Member
Re: Configure Network Storage Server
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 09:33:05 PM »

This is my setup:

Network storage location: \\10.0.1.1\Camera\Study
Workgroup: WORKGROUP
Username: TimeCapsule
Password: ****
Primary WINS server: 0.0.0.0

My Time Capsule uses the IP 10.0.1.1 and the rest is just the folder structure of the attached hard drive (the attached drive is 'Camera' and I then have subfolders for each camera).  I don't recall setting up a workgroup so this may not be that important (though I notice this is setup in the WINS tab of the Network System Preferences, under Advanced).  The username and password are what you set up on your TimeCapsule, on the Base Station tab.  I'm pretty sure just using 0.0.0.0 for WINS server is fine.