The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-859

Wifi Router D-Link Dir-859 - "Bridge" Mode

<< < (2/2)

FurryNutz:
Yes. That's all you need for the DIR router.

remi170289:
Hi,

It's working!!! Thanks you very much!

Just one thing, I can use now my d-link router like a AP but if I want to connect to it, I can't.. It's really weir cause I have used the new IP address 192.168.123.51 to connect with the browser, I can see this IP address in the address leases on my DHCP server with the good information (Name: dlinkrouter, mac address, etc), but I can't connect to the d-link router.. I can't ping the d-link router too.. But it's working nevertheless..
Do you have any idea about that?

Thanks you!

FurryNutz:
The IP address you changed from 192.168.0.1 to 123.51 should be accessible for the routers web page. I presume this 123.51 and your PC is all one the same net? Where are you trying to access this address from? Modem router side or Firewall side?

remi170289:
Hi,

Yes they are in the same net, this is why I don't really understand!
I have tried before (6 months ago) and same issue..
Do you why?
An other question, do you know if I can use the guest wifi in AP mode?

Thanks you.

FurryNutz:
Where are trying to access the DIR in AP mode from, Same networks as where the AP is connected? Behind FW or behind modem?

I've never had issues connecting to any of my wired APs using this method as I run two additional APs on my system. Just as long as the connecting PC and AP are all on the same network and connecting from same sub net and the AP is connected via LAN to LAN, don't use the WAN port on the back of the DIR. I use the IP address of the AP to connect to them.

Guest Zone is not supported in AP mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version