• March 28, 2024, 01:13:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Just upgraded to 1.21NA  (Read 4080 times)

323Ci

• Level 1 Member
Just upgraded to 1.21NA
« on: August 02, 2009, 03:11:19 PM »

I have a dgl-4500 A1 and recently upgraded to 1.21NA firmware, i have lost some internet speed, and my internet service has not changed, but i used to download around 15mbps i am generally experiencing download speeds 50% slower now, than when my router had the 1.15 firmware. However my upload speed has doubled, before i was only experiencing 3-4mbps upload over wireless and now it's closer to 8mbps consistently. Just curious if anyone has experienced anything similar to this? I am keeping my fingers crossed but haven't experienced any lockup just a decrease in speed...

Syaoran

• Level 3 Member
Re: Just upgraded to 1.21NA
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »

I have had nothing but trouble with my router personally.  You might want to try this though and then retest your connection.  Unplug any wired computers and disable any computers connected wirelessly from the router.  Unplug the router and your modem.  Plug the modem back in and let it get back to being fully connect to your ISP.  Then plug back in the router, let it it fully restart, and wait a few minutes so it can test your internet connection without interuption.  Reconnect your computer that you're going to test your connection from and see what the results are.  Good luck! 

splattered

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 09:06:51 PM »

Ive had an A1 for a few months now and it was generally working pretty consistently on FW 1.15

I read about the 1.21NA FW and i saw reports of performance improvements so i installed it... and now my router is losing connection randomly and its starting to get annoying.

I'm wired, and there are two wireless PCs, a 360 that is hardwired, and a PS3 that is wireless.

From what ive read now after its been out for a few days... im not the only one having problems.

Is it possible to downgrade back to 1.15?

Syaoran

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 09:22:54 PM »

Unfortunately, none that I'm aware of.  On D-Link's site, it says it's not possible to go back to anything before the 1.20 after you've flashed with the 1.20 or higher.  That's probably because the firmware has already ruined your device and going back won't undue the damage it has already done. 

Tyler Durden

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »

I upgraded to this firmware so that I could connect my printer to the USB port. Unfortunately, I'm having the same trouble. My connection is terribly slow now. I've tried restarting the modem and router, but to no avail. Is there any fix for this?