• March 28, 2024, 10:13:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: mydlink.com - Wishlist  (Read 148283 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: mydlink.com - Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2013, 12:01:58 PM »

wishlist:

Security - On the More Settings Page. Remove the Admin password. Dlink should not even know our admin password on DCS camera

Added...
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2013, 12:03:19 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

mydlink Wishlist

• Browser Support - Improved Firefox and Safari support (e.g. inability to configure motion detection)
  • Camera Control - Access and change camera settings even if Java is not installed
  • Camera Control - Add "Enable Motion Detection" button to capture motion events without opening the camera web UI[/url]
  • GUI - Add on/off option to enable/disable one or more cameras
  • Camera Control - Manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page
  • Camera Control - Option to concurrently view live views from multiple registered cameras
  • Camera Control - Option to select video profile (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4)
  • Live Video Feed - Add option for full-screen video
  • Live Video Feed - Option to throttle down throughput to mobile devices to avoid excessive data charges (i.e. "Video Over Cellular Data" checkbox)
  • Live Video Feed - Date and time data (time stamp) in the mydlink view (to indicate system is working)
  • Live Video Feed - Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • Live Video Feed - Support for 480p and 720p resolution
  • Security - Option to remove the Admin password (on the "More Settings" page)
  • Security - Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)
  • [Bug] Error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• Camera Control - Option to disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings [FIXED!]
  • Live Video Feed - Include camera name in the mydlink info display [FIXED!]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 05:47:05 AM »

• Camera Control - Add "Preset Positions" (from the DCS-5010L and DCS-5020L web UI) in mydlink as a dropdown menu to quickly navigate camera positions

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 05:47:33 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

mydlink Wishlist

• Browser Support - Improved Firefox and Safari support (e.g. inability to configure motion detection)
  • Camera Control - Access and change camera settings even if Java is not installed
  • Camera Control - Add "Enable Motion Detection" button to capture motion events without opening the camera web UI[/url]
  • Camera Control - Add "Preset Positions" (from the DCS-5010L and DCS-5020L web UI) in mydlink as a dropdown menu to quickly navigate camera positions
  • Camera Control - Option to concurrently view live views from multiple registered cameras
  • Live Video Feed - Option to throttle down throughput to mobile devices to avoid excessive data charges (i.e. "Video Over Cellular Data" checkbox)
  • Live Video Feed - Date and time data (time stamp) in the mydlink view (to indicate system is working)
  • Live Video Feed - Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • Security - Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)
  • [Bug] Error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"

• Camera Control - Option to disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings [FIXED!]

twtn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2013, 07:10:13 AM »

Nice work.

I use mydlink with NAS DNL-320 and would like to have some user limitation and different mydlink login levels.

As is, there is one login and that user have unlimited access.
It would be nice to have minimum two different: Administrator and user.

Administrator: Unlimited access and no limits regarding folder/file handling.
User: Possible limitation of folders. Can copy, play and watch, but cannot delete, rename, etc.

Almost like a normal shared drive.

Regards
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:03:15 PM by twtn »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2013, 06:21:39 AM »

Nice work.

I use mydlink with NAS DNL-320 and would like to have some user limitation and different mydlink login levels.

As is, there is one login and that user have unlimited access.
It would be nice to have minimum two different: Administrator and user.

Administrator: Unlimited access and no limits regarding folder/file handling.
User: Possible limitation of folders. Can copy, play and watch, but cannot delete, rename, etc.

Almost like a normal shared drive.

Regards

I believe this is already on the list: "Security - Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)"

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2013, 06:21:52 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

DavidYin04

• Level 1 Member
    • Tech Blog
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »

Is it any chance to add the feature to show the bandwidth per ip/client?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2013, 06:04:09 AM »

My Asus router can do that with graphs when I log in.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2013, 08:11:59 AM »

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2013, 08:15:12 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

• Maintenance - Display real time bandwidth used for each registered device (i.e. per IP address)

Dalsvzla

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2013, 06:57:48 AM »

Whislist

This case its working trought DNR-202L and Mydlink

Its possible to add a cams management option when accessing from internet and outside network?

When you go NVR INFO TAB (mydlink site) ADVANCE SETTINGS then SETUP TAB then AUDIO AND VIDEO then you go to camera list and click go to device (any of the cams) it can not get in cam setup because are outside network.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:00:22 AM by Dalsvzla »

Dalsvzla

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2013, 06:58:39 AM »

Whislist

This case is when you work with a camera attached torught DNR-202L

I noted that you cant have the camera and the DNR registered at mydlink account at the same time (much more if the myslink account are differents). You have to delete the camera from your account and just leave the NVR registered.

Its possible to have the cameras registered on mydlink independently to have access directly to the cameras and have the nvr registered at the same time? I wanna see the cameras and the nvr listed and possibly accessed from mydlink.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2013, 08:07:14 AM »

Whislist

This case its working trought DNR-202L and Mydlink

Its possible to add a cams management option when accessing from internet and outside network?

When you go NVR INFO TAB (mydlink site) ADVANCE SETTINGS then SETUP TAB then AUDIO AND VIDEO then you go to camera list and click go to device (any of the cams) it can not get in cam setup because are outside network.

Added to wishlist. . .  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 08:07:58 AM »

Whislist

This case is when you work with a camera attached torught DNR-202L

I noted that you cant have the camera and the DNR registered at mydlink account at the same time (much more if the myslink account are differents). You have to delete the camera from your account and just leave the NVR registered.

Its possible to have the cameras registered on mydlink independently to have access directly to the cameras and have the nvr registered at the same time? I wanna see the cameras and the nvr listed and possibly accessed from mydlink.

Added to wishlist. . .  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7