• March 29, 2024, 01:46:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New mydlink lite for iphone app (v.3.0.0) and motion detection.  (Read 8136 times)

GarethOwen

• Level 1 Member

Hi - I purchased a new DCS-932L camera at the weekend.  The DCS-932L supports motion detection but one of the biggest omissions in the settings seemed to be lack of control over motion detection (not easy to set it up to not send you emails when you're in the house without going through the fiddly admin interface every time you leave or come back).

Anyway, I downloaded the 'mydlink lite' app from the apple app store for my iphone and was happy to see that this new version (3.0.0) of the app says 'New feature: Motion/Sound detection : After setting on the mydlink website, you can enable and disable motion and sound detection from the app.'.

However, when i go into the settings page in the app where the introduction on the app shows me I will find the motion detection toggle switch I only see one option: 'Rename'. No motion detection option at all.

Anyone having the same problem?

I assume the new app is buggy.  I even tried calling d-link tech support, who claimed for ages not to know anything about the app, then told me to send an email.  not very impressed.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Ki2000

• Level 1 Member
Re: New mydlink lite for iphone app (v.3.0.0) and motion detection.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 10:42:01 PM »

I have the exact same problem. I hope this is solved soon as I was waiting for this feature.

zippolighter

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 02:02:39 PM »

I just bought the DCS-5222L and don't see these options even available.  All is says in setting is "mute audio" that's it.

I know this camera is not HD but can you get it to show video on your iPhone at anything higher than 240p ?

I cannot with my brand new DCS-5222L which I just received today.  This thing does HD ( 1280x720 video ) but my iPhone onlys shows 240p video, the button to change it is grayed out.

Also for an HD camera, the quality is just plain bad :-(  I think it's going back.

D-Link doesn't even answer email either.  It's really sad.

TaranQ

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 11:46:23 PM »

Same problem over here on Android, have a DCS 930L which has motion detection but am unable to switch it on/off in the myDlink Lite app. This leaves me with some stupid options; either unplug the camera while I am at home or cover it with a cloth (risking forgetting when leaving home) or indeed going through the fiddly interface on my pc to switch motion detection off (assume my pc is switched on) or ..... gettings tons of email alerts because I am walking past my camera all the time.
Normal procedure would be leaving camera switched on and activate motion detection on my phone whenever I leave home or return, in that case i could turn it on at all times if forgotten....