• March 28, 2024, 11:01:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Installation Problems  (Read 7765 times)

JoeDabney

• Level 1 Member
Installation Problems
« on: April 17, 2012, 08:09:58 PM »

Two problems installing DCS-942L
1. At www.mydlink.com, when I log, the page goes directly to an error message "installing Java Applet" with a circle rotating over another window saying the Dlink Java application is needed.  It mentions if you see a pop up window to always trust this publisher or somesuch and then click run.  However, nothing installs.  It just keeps going round & round.  I have left it going for over an hour and nothing installs.  No pop-ups, no permission boxes, no run boxes, no nothing.
2. Out of the box, the camera has firmware version 1.00, when I downloaded firmware 1.01 from www.mydlink.com for this camera and followed the instructions to upload to the camera, about 7% of the firmware uploaded to the camera, but then I got the following error message "413-request entity too large" and the upload failed.  However, the version number changed to 1.01 after only 7% upload.  How do I upload the entire firmware.
3. Are these two items related?  Have I bricked my new camera?  I emailed DCS-942L support from the web site and got a real nice looking auto response with a case number and everything, but no answers or actual help.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Joe

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Installation Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 07:13:51 AM »

First, try resetting the camera to the factory default settings: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=47707.0.

Are you downloading the firmware locally to your PC and uploading or is the DCS-942L pulling the software directly from a remote location? If the latter, try downloading the firmware locally and upload.

You didn't specify the browser you were using.  Are the results the same on IE and FF?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JoeDabney

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »

Thanks for replying.  I am a rank newbie when it comes to cameras.
During the setup process, I had to reset the DCS-942L using the small hole/paperclip approach a couple of times for one reason or another.  I don't remember if I had to reset after the firmware download.  I also don't remember if I let the camera download the firmware or put it on the desktop.  The camera must have done it as there is no software on the desktop other than the link that the Wizard put to connect to mydlink along with the camera number.
As a side note, the camera works great on our local network, I just can't get the mydlink.com aspect to work.  Whenever I go to the mydlink site, the java application circle turns, but nothing gets installed.  Is there a manual way to install this software to get past this roadblock?
I am using IE9. 
Thanks, Joe

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 08:49:09 AM »

Make sure you have UPnP enabled on your router. You may also want to try FireFox.
What brand router do you have? Some users have had a measure of success placing their camera on a static IP address.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC