• April 18, 2024, 10:54:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: iTunes server and UPNP AV server problems  (Read 9715 times)

jabbarcelona

• Level 1 Member
iTunes server and UPNP AV server problems
« on: March 28, 2013, 12:14:24 PM »

Hello friends,
I've just bought a DNS-320L and i'm trying to start it.
Now, i'm in point to test the itunes server, I enabled it, but in my PC Itunes it doesn't appear automatically as DLINK helps says. I choosed a folder where a song is placed, just to test the server

Also, I enabled the UPNP AV server, and I placed two videos on the folder, one from DIVX webpage to finish activations of PC and Smart TV in divx, and a Fringe chapter. This Fringe chapter also it's in my PC ans shared to DLNA with Windows media Player.
When I try to see the videos from my smart TV, a Philips one, I go TO the DLINK server, I Can see the Divx activations video, but when I try the Fringe chapter, the TV says that the file doesn't exist or it cannot be played.
If I try to see the same fringe chapter but from my PC, shared with windows media player server, I don't have any problem from my TV

Can anybody help me with this issues?

thank you in advance

jabbarcelona

• Level 1 Member
Re: iTunes server and UPNP AV server problems
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:57:41 PM »

anybody can help me? anybody from dlink?

Itunes server solved reinstalling itunes 9 and after itunes 11 again.

Bur problems with the some videofiles. If I play from Windows media player, I can see it in my philips smart Tv, if I try to see it from DNS-320L server, the tv says the file doesn't exists or it cannot be played.

When I Watch the file from windows media player, the file is phisically in the DNS-320L hard drive, not in the PC hard drive, so I cannot understand what is happening???

I bought the Dlink DNS-320L to see video filles with computer switch oo, but I can't!!
There are files I can watch from DNS-320L server, so I think is something with resolution, but why I can see them from windoes media player server???

Shreddmaster

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:17:43 AM »

I had the same problem with NAS itunes server not showing up in my OSX itunes. Solved that by enabling multicast on the router.

Hope this hint helps.

stephil

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 06:50:51 AM »

Hi,
I'm having similar issue with DNS320LW and 2 Philips TVs.
Those TVs see the content of NAS folder (Volume_1) but some files aren't playable while most (with same format) are.
I turned out that some strange characters are not very well digested by Philips TVs, although teh same files placed on USB stick work flawlessly.
But now the interesting part : if I rename files or folders on NAS the Philips TVs still look for the original name an in such case the file isn't really really there anymore...
I couldn't understand yet if the problem is in the NAS server or teh Philips TVs, I'll try a firmware update on both 3s...

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:27:33 PM »

Once you changed the file names, did you refresh the folders under multimedia services?

stephil

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 12:12:58 AM »

Well, since yetsreday I did many things :
- Upgraded Philips TVs to latest firmware - no help
- Upgraded NAS to latest firmware - no help
- Refreshed uPnP library (took all night ....)
..and now ?
My "Volume_1" shared folder is invisible to Philips TVs...
Great job indeed...

What the hell can I do now? ???

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 12:44:45 AM »

can you see that shared folder from any upnp software such as windows media player? or xbmc?

how is your tv connected to the network? wifi or lan cable?

I had issues with my sony tv via wifi and had to go to lan cable.. my issues were the wifi was not maintaining a strong enough signal and the tv didn't like it so kept dropping out.

Edit: on your TV can you rescan the upnp servers?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:55:17 AM by Ardalista »

stephil

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 07:10:45 AM »

Hi,
from my PC I can see all shared folders, havan't tried with MP or XMBC but I see all files as netword disk however.
I didn't find any utlity on TVs to refresh uPnP folders but if I enable uPnP in the router (Thomson) I can browse content on it without problems.
TVs are wired connected to the network via a router & switch.
Now, as I was already planning to increase disks size to 2T I'm currently formatting new disks, after that I'll try with adding few files and do experiments....

stephil

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 01:43:11 AM »

Hi there.
After having formatted the new 2T set I started to put files on NAS.
I realized then indeed I need to refresh the library to have the files available on uPnP devices.
However, if I add few files, refresh is pretty fast, but if I upload all my bunch of files it will then take literally DAYS !!
I just wonder what will happen once I'll get the library updated by only one file...

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »

I found this to be the case with the AV shares when it's refresh time.

As a result I split things into sub folders so I can refresh smaller chunks at a time. 

stephil

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 04:54:33 AM »

hi Ardalista,
I applied your approach by subfoldering.
However, it looks like there's a limit of 10 shared folders.....is it the case?

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 05:35:36 AM »

Hi,

Not sure if there is a maximum limit as you appear to have discovered.

I only have 5 folders myself which are based on the media quality, i.e 720p, 1080p etc...

smueller

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »

since i updated to itunes 11.1 there is no DNS 320L to find there.
anyone got a working actual itunes and NAS?

FernandoRD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 07:59:00 PM »

Just bought one 320L today, moved my Itunes folder, and, nothing happens. Google a little and did two things to make it work, first, make iTunes show the old side bar... and it didnīt show there, and beleave or not, the server doesnīt work with wireless.... so as soon as I plugged an ethernet cable in my Notebook, the NAS magicaly appeared!!!!! ;D