• April 19, 2024, 01:13:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Http:// setup for DNS 320  (Read 5026 times)

hal9000_2001

• Level 1 Member
Http:// setup for DNS 320
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:39:05 PM »

I'm trying to setup an intranet that will server http on my DNS 320 but am not able to find how to configure the device to use a particular directory or share. Anyone have any ideas cause theres nothing in the documentation.

Cheers

JG

Pabs

• Level 1 Member
Re: Http:// setup for DNS 320
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:53:15 PM »

Hey man,

Not entirely sure i get what you mean (need more info), but i have a go at answering anyway. So if you want the device to act as a web server then this NAS is not designed out the box to do that. You can install extra software onto it like twonkeymedia server (google it) and other stuff too. which will allow you stream music but not act as a web  server.

You can share directories, like creating folders you can access over your internal network that you can map drives to etc, or even make the NAS act as an FTP server, itunes or UPNP server. My understanding is that if you want an intranet server then you will need to use a PC/laptop etc and install IIS from Microsoft.

Maybe that didnt help, but i hope in some way it did.

Pabs