The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-655

DIR-655 Port Forwarding Doesn't Work From LAN PC

<< < (2/5) > >>

FurryNutz:
Host name should be what you need to use. It's possible that the routers is processing the request incorrectly. Only one other way to test this is to connect a LAN Switch between the router and your PCs and try that. The switch might by pass the router and go directly to the other LAN pc you want to connect to.

Drackir:
I realize I can get through the LAN for remote desktop. That's not the point; that was only an example.

I'm a programmer and I need certain services (ie. database, source control, etc) to be available from both WAN and LAN sides and I don't want to have to recompile/modify URLs/connection strings every time I take my laptop out of my network. Also, I can't test WAN-side programs if their connection strings don't work (as they should) from within my LAN. I'd have to move the programs themselves to other computers and remote desktop from my LAN which is very frustrating.

This worked on my 615, so I don't see why there should be any problems with the 655.  :(

FurryNutz:
Ok,
What options on this router are you using, Port Forwarding? Application Rules and or Virtual Server?
Might need to set up additional rules on this router under Virtual Server.
Was there any special settings on the 615 router that you remember or it just worked.

Drackir:
I'm just using the same port forwarding rules as I had previously on my 615. I'll try setting up virtual server settings when I get home, but I feel this is something else. So frustrating.

FurryNutz:
Understand man. Let us know how the VS settings go. Hope we can help figure it out.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version