• April 19, 2024, 04:42:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My Departure 6/15  (Read 5716 times)

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
My Departure 6/15
« on: June 10, 2011, 08:30:34 AM »

All,

I am posting here to inform you that 6/15 will be my last day with D-Link. I have had a great time here over my last 6 years working for D-Link however it is my time to move on. It has been a pleasure communicating with you users through these boards and receiving amazing amounts of support for customers on top of some of the great ideas you present to us. I truly appreciate all of your commitment to the products you own and encourage you to continue doing it.

I do not know when or who will replace me or if they will even post on these boards as I do but hopefully I have set a bar for community relationships and that person will strive to do the same. I can not guarantee how quickly a transition will take place or the next time a beta will be posted since I started the beta process on these boards and have ran it since.

I wish you all the best of luck. If anyone wonders what happened to my communication in other model topics in the future, feel free to link them to this post since I will not be duplicating this post in each model.

Sincerely,

D-Link Multimedia

Aaron

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
Re: My Departure 6/15
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:35:42 PM »

That's too bad. Hope you are going on to something bigger and better. Thanks for the support and help in the past.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 03:57:42 PM »

Thank you for your support and sharing your expertise.
All the best in the next stage of your career.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »

Aaron

It's been a pleasure "working" with you, and whilst I am sorry to see you go, I am also very happy that you are moving, hopefully to bigger & better things.

Good luck & God bless
Mark
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

jhtopping

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:16:02 AM »

During the year that I have been part of the D-Link community, I have seen major improvements in the capabilities.  Thank you.

Peace,

John

dcx_badass

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 10:52:54 PM »

I've not been here long but found you to be a great help. Hopefully this is due to your decision and you are going on to bigger and better things and this is not cost cutting by the people upstairs.

McPillager

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 01:30:50 AM »

First of all, thank you very much.

It is amazing how things turn out sometimes. Two weeks ago, I decided not to post in the forum again since my understanding was new firmware development was abandoned. This was based both on intuition and the fact that discussion came to an abrupt halt in beta build 07.

I just came by today out of curiosity or hope... and here you go....  :)

tentimes

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 07:07:45 AM »

I've been here for a few years and can honestly say that you have been amongst the most helpful liaisons I have seen on a tech support board. It's a shame to see you go, but I hope you are moving on to something that will keep you happy :) Thanks for all your hard work - if more tech support were like you my life would be a lot easier ;)