• April 26, 2024, 04:20:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: I cannot get the 510 to read WM11 library  (Read 5001 times)

DVDmike

• Level 1 Member
I cannot get the 510 to read WM11 library
« on: November 02, 2008, 07:26:20 AM »

WM11 recognizes the 510 as an allowed device to share media.  But it only will share media in my local hard drive  and not on my DNS-323 where I am storing 99.99% of my media files.  The media is all loaded in the WM11 library fine.  The 510 sees the the library under the server option and will play songs as long as they are on the local hard drive.  It will not see play-lists that I have created on these PC's either.

I have tried it on 3 PC's, vista32, xp32, and xp64 and all have the same results on the 510.  Any ideas how can configure WMP11 to allow the 510 to see all of the files stored on the 323?  I (believe) that I have followed the instructions for setting up WM11 per the D-Link site.

DigitalUser

• Level 2 Member
Re: I cannot get the 510 to read WM11 library
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 08:33:48 AM »

Yeah, it is a known thing. Not by me at the moment, but it is a known thing.

You have to put another entry in the registry so that WMP11 can share content off of an external drive. You may want to look at support on the microsoft web site. Good luck.

DVDmike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 08:56:15 AM »

:'( I think that this one is going to be beyond my pay grade....If anyone finds out how to change the setting, please let me know.

Using the library in the 323 is functional.  But it does not give me the jacket image that windows media does when using the 510.  This is really the only functional difference between using the 323 as the server for the 510 and using a PC who's library is all contained on the 323.  So its not the end of the world if I do not get this solved.

DigitalUser

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:40:14 AM »

From microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/sharing.mspx

1.  Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2.  In the registry tree (on the left), expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, Microsoft, MediaPlayer, and Preferences.
3. Right-click HME, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type EnableRemoteContentSharing, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click EnableRemoteContentSharing, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data text box, type 1, and then click OK. If you later decide to disable remote content sharing, you can repeat this procedure and change the value to 0.

DVDmike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 10:16:16 AM »

;D Hey, this works!

Now, how can I get the 510 to display the songs of an album in the same order that they as they are on the album?  Things are played in alphabetical order.  This is strange since the songs all have a track number as the first part of the file name on disk.  But these numbers are omitted from being displayed on the 510 video screen and are ignored for ordering, even if playing an album.